The ABC's of Growing Up

E is for Easy Living

I groaned as my phone went off and turned my head to the side to find it. As I opened my eyes it occurred to me that I wasn't in my room. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked at the room around me. Clothes laid scattered across the floor, the walls were a dark green colour and were plastered with posters and in the left corner there was a guitar beside an untidy desk. All in all the room screamed boy.

I heard someone move beside me and glanced down to see Zacky sleeping peacefully beside me. My eyes widened and I quickly pulled up the covers, breathing out a sigh of relief when I saw that we were both still wearing the clothes we had had on the previous day. Well I was. Zacky looked to have change.

I grabbed up my phone beside me and silenced it, bringing up the text that had just been sent to me.

Where are you Tea? Sarah and Lynds x

I chewed my lip, knowing that if I told them where I was that they'd get the wrong impression but also knowing that if I didn't tell them then they'd find out somehow anyway and will presume I didn't tell them because something happened. I sighed and rubbed a hand down my face. This was way too much thinking when I'd only just woken up.

At Zacky's. x

I pushed the covers off of me and swung my legs over the side of the bed, waiting for a text back. I knew that it would be a teasing one and I knew that it would irritate me.

Oh ho! What happened there then? x

And I was right. Those girls definitely don't disappoint.

Nothing x

I looked at Zacky and wondered if I should wake him up or not. He seemed so peaceful asleep and I was somewhat embarrassed that I had woken up in his bed with no recollection of how I got there, so I didn't really want to wake him up. But on the other hand, I had no clue where he lived so getting home could be a problem. I went to shake him awake but withdrew my hand when I heard a song I wasn't familiar with ring through the room.

"Fuck's sake," Zacky groaned before snaking a hand out and grabbing up his phone.

I watched him as he kept his eyes closed and brought his phone up to his ear, not looking to see who had phoned him.

"This better be good," he growled before his eyes snapped open and he looked at me.

I didn't know what to do so I raised my hand and waved, along with sending him a sheepish smile. He chuckled and smiled back before sitting up. The covers fell from his chest and I averted my gaze when it dawned on me that he wasn't wearing a top.

"No," Zacky spoke down the phone as he climbed out of bed. "She passed out…because you two were too busy dry humping your boyfriends into the ground so I brought her back to mine since it was near and I couldn't remember where she lived…no I didn't fucking touch her."

So he was talking to Sarah and Lyndsey then. I felt myself blush as he said that last bit. I tucked some of my hair behind my ear as I looked down.

"Yeah, I'll make sure she gets home. Talk to you later."

I heard his phone snap shut and a moment later he was sitting beside me on the bed.

"Sorry about that," he commented and I looked at him in time to see him rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

I bit my lip and looked down quickly to find that he was now wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I shrugged and looked away, my hair falling down and hiding my face away from him.

"Not your fault those two don't think before they talk."

Zacky chuckled and I felt him tuck some of my hair behind my ear.

"You want me to take you home?"

I smiled softly and nodded. "Please."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe that nothing happened between you two," Lyndsey shook her head as she sat beside me.

I shrugged and looked across the park before flopping backwards and letting my eyes fall shut.

"Nothing happened."

"Okay, so no…Lynds, I can believe it," Sarah voiced from her sitting position in front of us. "What I don't understand is why she didn't let anything happen."

"I passed out moron," I muttered.

I heard Sarah chuckle and opened my eyes to look at her.

"What the hell are you laughing at?"

"You said that you passed out!"

I cocked an eyebrow and looked at her before looking at Lyndsey who had a smirk on her lips.

"What?"

Lyndsey grinned. "You didn't say that nothing happened because you didn't want it…you merely didn't do anything with the boy because you were temporarily comatose."

I rolled my eyes and flipped them off before settling back to how I was. They fell into silence and I was happy about that. I had always liked the quiet because it meant I could hear the world. I could hear the laughter of the children in the playground just a few feet away from us. I could hear the wind rustling through the trees and I could hear the birds chirping. But more importantly, and that bit more calming, I could hear the steady beat of my heart. It was slowly lulling me into sleep but before that could happen I had the wind knocked out of me.

My eyes snapped open as I gasped for air before I glared at the cheesy grin plastered across Lyndsey's face.

"Whatcha dooooooooooooing?"

I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop myself from chuckling at the way she'd asked.

"I was slowly falling asleep. Now I'm trying to breathe."

Lyndsey laughed before rolling off of me.

"You know," Sarah voiced as she laid down on the other side of me. "We should do this more often."

"We do this all the time," I pointed out.

"But I like it," she answered and looked at me. "Just us girls…relaxing…not using any energy. I like it."

"It's easy living is what it is," Lyndsey commented.

"Amen to that," I stated as I let my eyes fall shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a short update and it's more of a filler than anything else...because I couldn't think of anything for E!! Lol.
Anywho, sorry for the shortness of the chapter. Hope you liked it!!!
Comments will make my 13 hour shift today seem like it never happened =D x