The ABC's of Growing Up

F is for Flirting

I looked over at Lyndsey as she suddenly sat up and then looked in the direction she was to see why she was grinning so much. I rolled my eyes as I saw the guys headed in our direction, Brian making a bee-line for his girlfriend whilst Jason ran towards Sarah. She giggled as he tackled her to the floor before both couples decided it best to start making out either side of me.

I felt my face contort into disgust and pushed myself to my feet, stuffing my hands in my pockets and walking away from them. I heard someone come after me and looked over my shoulder to see Zacky walking after me.

“You okay?” He asked, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

I nodded before gesturing to the four on the floor.

“They disgust me,” I stated bluntly.

Zacky chuckled and shrugged. “Fair enough. How’s the head?”

“Fine,” I replied before falling silent as we carried on walking.

Zacky nodded and took his arm from around me, shoving his hands in his pockets as we walked. I glanced at him for a moment as my mind raced to the last few days. Whenever I’ve seen Zacky recently he’s been acting like we’ve both been friends for years and it was confusing me. I didn’t get it considering how often he used to ignore me.

“You sure you’re okay?”

I looked up and realised that Zacky had stopped walking and was now standing in front of me. I stopped walking and nodded.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“You just seem like something’s bothering you is all.”

I shrugged. “I’m fine, honestly.”

Zacky eyed me for a moment before nodding. “I don’t believe you but if you don’t want to talk about it, then I respect that.”

I smiled in thanks before looking over my shoulder as I heard my name called out.

“Head back to the group?” Zacky suggested.

I looked at him and nodded before turning so we could go back to everyone else. Zacky wrapped his arm around my shoulders again and pulled me closer to him as we walked.

“If you need to talk then I’m here,” he whispered against the side of my head.

I looked at him, still wondering what was going on in his head before nodding.

“Thank you.”

He grinned and I swear to God that I melted slightly. I shook off the feeling and smiled back before looking over at Sarah as she called my name. I walked out of Zacky’s hold and went over to where Sarah and Jason were, plopping myself down beside them.

“What?”

“What’s going on with you and Zacky?” Sarah asked, Jason looking at me as if thoroughly interested.

“You two do seem to be getting close,” Jimmy piped up with as he sat on the other side of me.

I looked at all of them and rolled my eyes.

“Nothing is happening...well I think he’s becoming my friend, but who knows what’s going on inside his head.”

“What do you mean?” Jason asked and my gaze snapped to him.

“That’s what I mean,” I gestured to him before gesturing to Jimmy. “You lot never gave me the time of day. I was always just Lyndsey and Sarah’s ‘extra baggage’. You all ignore me usually...except Brian who has an unhealthy obsession with my sex life.”

Sarah laughed slightly and I rolled my eyes.

“It’s confusing is what it is,” I remarked as I glanced over at Zacky for a moment who was now talking with Johnny.

“New question then,” Jimmy voiced and I looked at him. “Do you like Zacky?”

“Yeah, he’s a good mate.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before shrugging. “I don’t know him well enough to like him.”

Sarah scoffed slightly and I glared at her, making her raise her hands in defence.

“I’m just saying,” she commented as she lowered her hands and smiled at Jason as his arms went around her. “You don’t have to know someone to like them necessarily.”

I looked at her for a moment and she simply grinned at me. I chuckled and shook my head.

“Even if I did like him,” I stated raising my hand when Sarah went to say something. “And I’m not saying I do...I’m saying if I liked him, it wouldn’t matter anyway.”

“Why not?” Jason asked.

I shrugged and looked to the floor for a moment, thoughts of insecurity rushing through my mind.

“Ducky,” Sarah said as she reached forward and grabbed my hand, making me look at her. “You’re just as good as anyone else, so stop thinking what I know is going on in your head.”

I saw Jimmy and Jason share a slightly confused glance but I ignored them. I sighed and shrugged again.

“Sarah, I...”

“...am just as good as everyone else,” Sarah finished for me with a stupid smile.

“No you’re not!” Lyndsey shouted over at us, having evidently heard what Sarah had said.

Sarah flipped her off before looking back at me.

“Flirt a bit with the boy and he’ll be putty in your hands.”

I gave her look that suggested she was an idiot. “I can’t flirt.”

“Yeah you can,” Jimmy voiced and I looked at him. “You were flirting a lot with Zacky last night.”

I rolled my eyes. “I was also drunk...very drunk.”

“So we get some drink down you,” Jason laughed.

Sarah smacked him before looking around the park and then smiling and pointing.

“Watch Matt and Taylor.”

I did as she said and watched as Taylor smiled at what Matt had said, her body turned to face his slightly.

“I thought they were together,” I commented.

“Not yet,” Sarah replied. “We’re waiting for Matt to grow a pair. But look at the way Taylor is turned to face him.”

“And?”

I heard Sarah sigh in frustration and I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing.

“Her body is angled slightly to him, showing that she’s open to him...and not in an easy way so you can stop laughing Jason,” she scolded her boyfriend.

I smiled before looking back at Taylor and Matt in time to see Taylor laughing, her hand falling on Matt’s thigh as she moved a bit closer to him.

“Matt probably didn’t say anything funny but if you pretend a guy’s funny then he’ll feel good about himself,” Sarah explained.

“Of course Matt didn’t say something funny...it’s Matt and hey! Does that mean you don’t actually find me funny?” Jason whined.

“Shush baby,” Sarah replied before she poked me. “Now look at Lyndsey and Brian.”

“God, do I have to?” I complained as I moved my gaze to the pair Sarah told me to look at.

I rolled my eyes as Lyndsey shrieked with giggles whilst she and Brian wrestled one another.

“They are playful flirting,” Sarah stated. “Which is always fun to do.”

“I’m not wrestling Zacky,” I replied as I looked at Sarah.

She shrugged. “Do as you wish ducky. I’m just saying...flirting is the best way to a guy. Unless you cook...then get to their heart through their stomach.”

Jason complained slightly again and Jimmy laughed as he laid backwards beside me, stretching out and resting his arms behind his head.

“She’s got a point there JB,” Jimmy defended Sarah. “She definitely speaks the truth.”

I shook my head and looked at them all.

“You are talking like I actually want to flirt with the boy. I never said I did.”

“Technically you said if you liked him,” Sarah pointed out with a crafty smile. “I’m just giving you helpful pointers for when that day finally comes.”

“It’s not going to come because I don’t like him,” I stressed.

Sarah rolled her eyes before flapping her hand dismissively at me. “Just give it time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!!! As you probably noticed =D
Hope you like it!!!
Comments make my pancake day even more awesome!!! Hee hee. x