Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Mrs. Noel

Monday.

Mondays are always brutal, your hair is a mess, the sun seems to be brighter through your blinds in the morning, and of course your hair doesn't want to cooperate.
Mother is out of the hospital and back home, same with me. When I walked into my room, the broken monitor was still on the floor, in pieces. Flashbacks immediately went through my mind.
Tom. The screaming. The blood. The Hate.
I took a deep breath and tried to forget it, Mother had said that it won't get easy to get over, I would need to see a therapist. I wasn't against the idea but it just didn't seem like I would need to.
The whole time I was thinking of Tidus, he was going through a nightmare. Turns out he was also abused. His dad forced him to play sports; make that be the excuse for the bruises; black eyes. I had flashbacks of the time when he asked me where I got my black eye, the same day he looked terrified when Ryan and I had told him he might not be able to play football anymore. His father and Toms court dates were only 2 days apart, those bastards should become best friends.
Ryans dad had got back from over seas and was happily back home. I went to his house everyday after school to get caught up in our school work, we needed to pass the 10th grade.
Trevor and the rest of the football team have tried many times to get Ryan and I into sports. Every time they failed, except once when I accidentally caught the football after Trevor tried to pass it too someone else, I was just in the way.
I still don't fit in but, that's alright with me. No one is perfect.
Ryan and I weren't scared or afraid to hold hands in the hallways anymore. The principle had yelled at us once for doing it, I felt like punching the old hag. Trevor and the rest of the 9th and 10th grade supported both Ryan and I, they made signs and wrote letters to the principle. Unfortunately for the principle there was no law against two boys holding hands in the hallway to class. Ryan and I had added to our dreams. He wanted to be a teacher, I was going to be a journalist. We both started a school paper and we got Tidus into web design; he now runs the school website.
Mother is going back to school. Tom is in jail. Ryan and I are happy. Trevor and Tidus are shooting for football scholarships.
My 5th period teacher, Mrs. Noel wanted to speak to Ryan and I after class. The bell rang while the rest of the kids ran out of the room. Ryan and I stood silent in front of her desk, waiting for her to quit staring at us and speak. She removed her glasses. “I would like both of you to make a special presentation to the class.” she said. I immediately thought it would have to be about gay people and how they take the criticizing. I was silent, the room got awkward. “About what?” Ryan finally asked, politely. “Well, the rest of the class is going to do it different, but I want you two to make it about your dreams.” Mrs. Noel was always smart, she said things just the right way, well in my mind anyway. “What dreams exactly?” I asked. “Anything you like, the dreams you had when you were younger, the dreams you have today.” I nodded; started to get ideas in my head. “So, just a presentation about our dreams?” Ryan asked. “Well, that's the main point at least, I want it too be inspiring for the class. I want you to add personal things into it, make it your life, I want the kids to learn about you two.” she replied with a smile. I chuckled, “You mean about how we're gay?” I said, somewhat joking; Ryan grinned. Mrs. Noel smiled, “No not just about how you two are gay, but how you have overcome things, Jecht I know things haven't been easy for you, now I'm not saying to get into specifics, but I need the kids to understand that dreams can be met, you can fulfill your dreams and fantasies even.” I nodded, I was understanding things now. “Why do you want us two to do this presentation, why not any of the other kids. They have dreams too.” Ryan said. I wasn't sure if Ryan actually wanted to do this project, it seemed like he wanted out of it. “Because we're special.” I said, putting my arm around his shoulder. He grinned at me then turned back to Mrs. Noel. “But why not Trevor, or Tidus, they have dreams of being in the NFL, all I want to do is be a teacher, Jecht is wanting to be a journalist. They have bigger dreams then us.” Mrs. Noel shook her head. “They aren't bigger dreams then yours. I want you two to do this project. Trust me, you two are going to be the best at it.” she didn't say anything else; she went back to grading papers. Ryan shrugged and we both walked out of the room. Ryan closed the door behind him. “Can you believe this?” he asked. “I know right, I only got 15 out of 20 on my English test!” He playfully hit my arm, “No silly, I can't believe she gave us such a big assignment when she knows that we're not fully caught up in our other work!” I sighed and grabbed his hand, “Come on seriously?” I said while I started to swing our hands back and forth, “We can do this, it'll be easy peasy.” I said.
We were late for our next class but supposedly Mrs. Noel had called Mr. Chase and we weren't in trouble. He handed both of us our Math tests and told us “Good luck.” I nodded and got to work. My calculator wasn't being very nice to me, it would flicker and then turn off, but immediately turn back on. “Ugh!” I said as I threw it to the ground. I immediately regretted doing that, “Jeez!” Ryan said somewhat sarcastically, “No need to take it out on the calculator.” I looked up to see Mr. Chase giving me a playful glare. I got up and picked the calculator back up, and I guess I fixed it because it didn't turn off again after that.
7th period was my favorite class of the day. At the beginning of the 2nd quarter we chose our new electives; Ryan and I had picked theater. I wasn't an actor, not at all, but Ryan on the other hand, he sure as hell was damn good actor. I did the back stage makeup, and helped with the designing of the costumes, while Ryan was on the stage showing off his talents and good looks.
I would help him with his lines after school and then we would both work on our homework together. Mother had class until 5 in the evening, she had a part time job at the dry cleaners also. Things were getting back to normal.
Mother nudged me, telling me to get out of bed. It was Wednesday, school was 2 hours shorter. I groaned and tried to push her away; mumbling “stop.” She eventually quit and walked out of my room. I got up, stretched; wiped the hair from my face and walked to the bathroom. It was nice to not wake up with a black eye anymore. I smiled to myself and yawned. I grabbed the hairbrush and hair straightener from the drawer; I plugged the hair straightener in walked out to the kitchen. Mother was already making breakfast. “Hey.” I said, yawning again as I sat down on the stool. “Good morning.” she replied with a smile. I layed my head down on the counter, “I'll be home at four.” I mumbled. She picked up the pancake with a fork and placed it on a plate, “I have class until 5, so you might as well stay at Ryans longer if that's alright, or maybe he could come over here?” she replied. Ryan never came to my house, it wasn't as fun I guess you could say. His house was warmer feeling; my house was boring. “Alright.” I said as I picked up the fork and poked the pancake in front of me.
My hair was straightened and my stomach was full. I was ready for the six hours of school to be over with.