Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Where is thou mother?

I started clapping as Ryan bowed with the rest of the cast of the play. His mother was sitting next to me and clapping even harder then I was. A smile came to his face as he saw his mother and I. The curtains closed; his mother and I stood and waited for the rest of the people to get out of the walkway. I grabbed the phone from my pocket and called home. The phone kept ringing and ringing; after 3 tries I gave up. Millions of worries started running through my mind. Why wasn't mother answering? I waited by the stage steps for Ryan, fidgeting. His mom had already went out to the car. He saw me and giggled like a girl; putting out his arms for a hug while he ran towards the stage steps. I snickered and stepped onto the first step, hugging him. “You were perfect.” I whispered. “Thank you.” he whispered back. He grabbed my hand and we started walking outside.
Parents were staring, obviously disgusted by seeing two teenage boys holding hands; their kids(which were our friends) congratulated Ryan and were then pulled closer to their parents. I looked back at them as we stepped outside. His mothers car was in sight, “Oh yeah, umm my mom's not answering her phone... so I don't know if shes home?” I said feeling my pants pocket, making sure I still had my phone. “Ok, well I guess we'll see if shes home first, you know my mom won't let you stay home alone.” A smile came to my face, his mom was such a mother. We got in the back of the car and drove to my house first.
I knocked on the door and heard nothing come from inside the house. I turned towards the car in the driveway and shrugged. Ryan waved his hands, motioning for me to come back to the car. I jumped off the steps and put my hood back on in the rain. “Your spending the night I guess.” his mom said as I closed the car door. I looked at Ryan with a somewhat shocked/worried look on my face. I had never spent the night at Ryans house, I never thought that his mother would let me. I felt a huge smile come to my face as I looked at him. He smiled and laughed when I nudged him with my shoulder; lifting my eyebrow in a playful manner, but then I remembered why I was going to his house in the first place... because mother wasn't home. I became worried. I didn't talk the way to his house. I just sat there slumped down in my seat next to Ryan with my hood on.
His house was warm even though it was freezing outside. I took my hood off and slowly walked into his house as his mom turned on all of the lights. “What time is it, like 8?” I asked as I yawned and pulled off my jacket. “I don't know, but I'm oober tired.” Ryan replied as he dragged himself upstairs. I looked at Ryans mom, she was setting her coat down on the kitchen stool, she didn't look up at me. I felt awkward, I didn't know if I should go upstairs but I started up the stairs anyways. “Are you two hungry?” I heard his mom say. I ran to Ryans doorway, “You hungry?” I asked. He shook his head, he was laying on his bed. Hes so damn cute. “No we're good.” I told his mom from the stairs with a smile on my face. She nodded and started cleaning the kitchen. I returned to his room and stood in his doorway. Ryan was laying on his right side, facing me, eyes closed. I took a step towards him. “Jecht what are you doing?” he mumbled, he was obviously tired, he barely even opened his mouth to talk. I shrugged; then remembered that his eyes were closed. “Nothing.” I said as I walked around his room. I periodically picked things up from his dressers and then placed them back down. I hit his computer chair and made sure he didn't lookup to see what the noise was, of course he was still laying still, looking adorable as hell. I quietly sat down and shook the mouse. A picture of him and I appeared. A smile came to my face, remembering art class in the 5th grade. I had red paint on my face and he was smearing blue paint on my left cheek. My hands were in the air, covered in the finger paint. Back then in 5th grade we didn't care what people thought about us, we were those kids that played superman on the playground; ate our crayons, and were the adorable kids that the teachers fell in love with. I sighed, remembering that we weren't those kids anymore. The teachers weren't in love with us anymore, eating crayons was totally out of the question, and we weren't even allowed on the playground anymore.
My hand fell to my side and almost took the mouse down with it. I stood up and laid on the bed. Ryan was either sleeping or close to it. I laid on the other side of the bed and carefully played with his hair. A smile came to my face and I laughed to myself, being there was so much better then I thought my life could ever be.