Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Mark

I called Ryan, his mom allowed him to come to dinner later that day.
I was in my room until Mark arrived. Mother really cleaned well, I had to jump all over my bed and shove the stuff from my closed back under it. I took dirty clothes from the laundry room and casually threw them on my floor.
I stood in my doorway, and sighed, “Now this is more like it.” I said to myself. “Jecht, start getting ready, it's already 4!” I heard Mother say, she even sounded more Mother like then before. It's surprising what one night can change. I guess they really hit it off the night before. I guess Ryan and I did also.
Now to find something 'nice' to wear.

Mark arrived while I was still in my room finding something to wear. I looked all over to find something decent, then I realized I didn't have anything “decent” to wear. I looked down to examine myself, “I could at least change my shirt.” I quietly said out loud.
I found a plain black shirt and kept the same dark pants on. I went to the bathroom and straightened my hair. I couldn't believe I was trying to impress Mark.
I called Ryan, told him he could come over now. I took a deep breath and stood in the doorway to my room. I shook my arms, like the people in races did to get ready. I heard Mother downstairs, walking towards the stairs. I quickly took a giant step back into my room, hoping she didn't see me. I didn't want to go downstairs until I had to get the door for Ryan.
“Jecht, honey, are you ready yet?” I heard Mother say up the stairs. I didn't want to reply, but I also didn't want to ignore her. I prayed that Ryan would knock on the door any second. “Jecht, come on.” she said up the stairs again. Come on Ryan, hurry your little butt up and knock on the dang door already. I waited five seconds and then stood in my bedroom doorway again, looking at Mother, waiting for her nod of approval to what I was wearing. She nodded and had a sarcastic smile on her face. Then, someone knocked on the door, I assumed it was Ryan. “I got it!” I quickly exclaimed and ran down the stairs, almost falling a couple times.
I opened the door to see Ryan's lovely face smiling at me, he had a red rose in his left hand. I snickered and slowly shook my head. I smiled, letting him know that I wasn't shaking my head in disapproval. “Oh, darling you shouldn't have!” I exclaimed, I was having one of my “gay” moments, just to see how Mother would react. Ryan held out the rose to me, “Oh, but my dear, I just couldn't resist.” he said slightly romantically. Him and I both laughed and I took the rose, taking it into the kitchen with me.
Ryan was wearing pretty much the same thing I was, nothing special.
Mother led us to the kitchen where Mark was waiting.
He was sitting on the bar stool, all I saw was his back. I stopped about 7 feet behind him, waiting for Mother to introduce me or something. “Mark,” Mother said, stepping in front of me, “This is my son, Jecht.” she continued as she motioned her hand towards me. He stood up off of the stool. He reminded me nothing of Father. He had brown hair, almost had a hint of red in it. He looked young, but older then his early 40's. “Pleasure.” I said as I stuck out my hand for him to shake. “Same to you.” he replied, as he firmly grabbed my hand and shook it. I liked him already, he didn't seem strict. “And who might this be?” he asked as he looked down towards Ryan. “Oh,” Mother said, as if she had forgotten about Ryan, “This is, Jecht's. well Jecht's, friend.” I coughed, “Boyfriend.” I corrected Mother, with a smile towards Mark. I then realized, why would Mother take her “boyfriend” to come meet her son, if they had only been on one date. Mother had always been home when I was, unless she went while I was at school, or after school while I was at Ryan's. But why would she keep him from me?
Marks expression was priceless, he wasn't exactly shocked, but I could tell he wasn't expecting to hear that remark about Ryan and I. “Oh,” he said, looking at my Mother, I knew that he didn't know what to say, but I didn't either. Then the oven timer beeped. “Dinner.” Mother said as she went to the oven. “I'm Ryan.” Ryan said to Mark as he held out his hand. Mark didn't even hesitate to shake his hand, for a second I thought Mark might have had a problem with Ryan and I, but obviously not. “Pleasure.” Mark said with a nod.
Mother placed everything on the table and we all started eating. I didn't want to bring up any conversation, and I was hoping that Mother wouldn't bring up anything to talk about that involved me. Mark brought up some stories, Mother laughed while I smirked at my Mothers laughter. Ryan laughed along with her, even when it wasn't necessary. Mark was a good guy, he deserved Mother.
Dinner was over, Mark left while Ryan and I finished our ice cream.
“I had a good night, thanks for having me over.” I heard Mark say to Mother, they were both by the door. “Yeah, I'm glad you could come, I think it went well, and I'm positive Jecht approves of you.” I heard Mother reply. I peeked around the corner, I motioned for Ryan to look; he leaned over in his chair so he could see. “Well that's good, I was kind of worried about that part.” he replied as he looked down; Mother touched his arm, “It went well” she said kindly. Mark looked back at Mother, he paused for a second, but I knew what was coming next. He leaned into her, and she did the same to him. Then their lips met. I gasped of excitement, and Ryan did the same behind me. I think Mother heard us because she pulled back from him and looked our way. Ryan quickly grabbed my jacket sleeve and pulled us both back around the corner, we were giggling away. “Good night.” Mother said loudly, just so Ryan and I could hear. I heard them kiss again, it made me giggle louder, and then my giggle became a full-on, hard-core laugh. “What are you doing?” Ryan asked, as he was laughing. I was having a laugh attack and I think it was becoming contagious. I started to fall to the floor; I took Ryan down with me.
Mother walked in the kitchen, totally ignoring us. I was practically rolling on the floor, laughing, non stop. Ryan's laugh attack was waring down, but mine was still going strong. To tell the truth, I had no clue why I was laughing so hard, I mean yeah Ryan and I giggle when we see my Mother kiss her boyfriend, but why was I laughing this hard?
“Jecht, come on, seriously, get up off the floor.” Mother said as she looked at me playfully from over the counter. I slowly stopped and Ryan helped me up. I took a deep breath, giggled one last time, and took a seat next to Ryan. “So, how was it all?” Mother asked, cleaning the already clean counter. “I approve.” I said with a nod. “Eh, well I guess it was alright, I couldn't have done better myself though.” said Ryan, with a smirk on his face. “I'm sure you could've Ryan.” Mother said as she playfully rolled his eyes, but Ryan didn't see it. “I liked the kiss at the door the best,” I said after she turned around to the sink, “I think you two have been practicing?” She turned around with a smile on her face, “Just for you.” she said. “Well I approve, although I think Ryan would agree with me when I say I could do better.” I took a glance at Ryan, he was covering his mouth, I could tell he was trying not to laugh. “And how exactly was that even the least bit funny?” I asked him. He uncovered his mouth and laughed, “You can not do better then that, and I'm sure your Mother has had much more experience then you.” he said as he ran out of breath. I gave him a playfully shocked look, “Are you serious!?” He nodded. I looked at Mother with the same look, “Hey, he said it, not me.” she said as she raised her hands as if she surrendered. I looked back at Ryan, “Why are you guys picking on me?” I said as if they really were hurting my feelings. “Oh, baby, come here,” Ryan said as he hugged me, “We're not trying to, it just happens.” I laughed, “Well still, quit trying to,” I kissed him on the cheek, then he kissed me on the lips. “Don't start making out in front of my jeez, Jecht I'm your Mother.” Mother said as she covered her eyes. I smirked and took Ryans hand, taking him with my upstairs. “Yeah, go upstairs at least.” she yelled after us. I stopped at the top of the stairs, already laughing at what I was about to say. I took a deep breath, “Hey mom can I ask you something?” I yelled. “What Jecht?” she said back. “Well the thing is, Ryan doesn't have to go home for a while, and well..,” I paused for a second, like I was asking something important, “Well, do you have any condoms, seeing as how I've run out?” Ryan immediately hit my arm and started quietly laughing, we both didn't want Mother to hear us laughing. “Jecht!” she yelled. “Just go to your room already, that wasn't even funny!” I started cracking up, “Sorry mom, I thought it was.” I yelled. Ryan was laughing harder then I was. I took his hand and ran into my room; he shut the door behind him.