Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Phone Calls

I don’t feel like myself today. Everything is off. I woke up again at eight this morning and decided to just lay in bed and think.
“It’s Sunday.” I said out loud to myself as I stared up at the ceiling. The sun was shining in through my window; my room was perfectly lit. “And tomorrow’s Monday.” I continued to say out loud.
Then Mother knocked, it startled me. “Jecht.” she said. I sat up in bed, keeping the blanket over me, “You can come in Mom.” I said loud enough to make sure that she would hear.
She opened the door and took a few steps in, “Where’s Ryan?” she asked as she looked around the room. I looked around with her, “He left early this morning, he’s being weird.” I told her. “Oh, well, I just got done making breakfast, so come down when you’re ready.” she told me with a smile. “Will do.” I replied as she walked back down stairs.
I took a deep breath and my mind cleared, “I don’t wanna get up.” I whined to myself. I pushed the blankets off of me and placed my feet on the floor. I quickly ran my fingers through my hair and rubbed my scalp, “I need a shower.”
-
I shook my head as I walked down the stairs, drops of water flew from the ends of my hair and onto my shirt and the wall. I then pushed my hair to the side of my face so that I didn’t trip and fall down the stairs.
“Finally. I thought you were going to stay up there all day.” Mother said to me jokingly as she cleared the kitchen counter. I didn’t reply, “You’re food’s in the oven.” she told me. I sat down at the counter instead. “I feel weird today.” I told her as I put my face in my hands. “Are you alright?” she asked as she continued to clean. “I think so.” I paused. “I really don’t know though.” I told her as I took my hands and put them under my chin, and my elbows on the counter.
My intentions weren’t to make her worry, but I figured she would. “Well,” she said as she walked over to me and moved the hair out of my face, “Are you feeling sick?” She placed the back of her right hand on my forehead, “Not exactly... maybe I’m just feeling really lazy this morning.” I told her and looked outside, from the kitchen window above the sink. She took her hand from my forehead. “You’re fine.” she said, almost like she was relieved.
I stood up from the stool, “I’m gonna call Ryan. I’ll probably go to his house, if that’s alright.” I told Mother. Her expression didn’t change, “Go ahead,” she said as she kept cleaning, “I’ll be busy most of the day.” I stood there for a moment. “Alright.” I said and walked off, back up to my bedroom.
I stood in the doorway. Biting my lip. Thinking to myself, “I’m bored.”
“Ra.” I said out loud.
I sighed and went to sit on my bed. Oh yeah, I gotta call Ryan. I laughed to myself a lil and went for the phone.
I dialed his number and waited... no answer.
I waited a moment and called again... no answer.
“Ugh.” I mumbled as I rolled my eyes. “Answer your phone already.”
I hung up, and set the phone back down on the desk.
I walked back downstairs, heading towards the front door.
“Mom, I’m walking to Ryan’s.” I said loud enough for her to hear as I grabbed a jacket off of one of the hooks.
I didn’t wait for her reply, as I walked outside into the warmth.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! Another chapter! GO AND COMMENT!