Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Hospital

I woke up to Ryan’s head falling on mine. We had both been at the hospital all night. His mother was at the counter asking the nurses questions every 5 minutes. I yawned and stared at Ryan. His lip piercing was falling out and his hair was a mess. I heard and felt my stomach grumble, I held my stomach, wanting the noise to stop. His mother came and sat back down. She grabbed a magazine and sighed. I sat up but kept my hand in Ryan’s.
I glanced around. There were fake plants on the tables, right next to the magazines. Nurses and doctors were quickly walking and running around, their pagers beeping.
"What if it’s mother?”
I put my head back down on Ryan’s lap. I closed my eyes and prayed. I felt his fingers running through my hair. I sighed. I fell back asleep.
I woke up to Ryan standing up, slowly; he was worried to wake me. I opened my eyes and saw a nice young looking nurse, standing and talking to Ryan’s mother. “Is she alright?” Ryan asked as he walked towards the nurse and his mother. I sat there and rubbed my eyes. I didn't hear the nurses reply, but I guessed by the huge smile on Ryan's face that she was alright. He walked back over and sat back down. “Wanna go see her?”
I saw my mother laying there. She looked like she could've been dead. I almost cried. I opened the door for Ryan and walked in after him. I dragged the chair that was by the window to my mothers side. I grabbed her hand and she opened her eyes. “Jecht.” She croaked. I immediately started crying. “Yes mom. It's going to be alright, I'm here.” I stroked her hand and smiled. She looked towards Ryan. “You sweet boy, you've been taking care of my little boy all along haven't you?” I turned to see Ryan's expression. He was smiling. He nodded, “I try my best to keep him well.” I placed my other hand in his lap; he grabbed it and held it tight. “Your father.” my mother croaked. I shook my head, “Shh.” I said as I patted her hand, “Don't talk it's alright.” I stopped and turned to Ryan, he was looking at my mother with such passion in his eyes. I looked up and saw the same nurse that talked to Ryan's mother, outside the door. I kissed my mothers head and said goodbye. A smile came to her face and she whispered. “Be good my son, I love you.” I smiled and gave her a little wave before Ryan had fully closed the door.

"It's not too late, It's never too late.”

We sat in the waiting room all day. People came and went, repeating itself over, and over again. Ryan's mother had told us to go and get some breakfast, the time flew by fast and I had realized that I hadn't eaten anything for more then 24 hours. We walked side by side, Ryan and I. His mother stayed and talked to the nurses at the counter. I knew my mother was going to be fine, but I was still wondering what had happened to Tom. I hadn't got a clear answer from anyone. I tried to get those thoughts out of my head, well for that moment at least. The cafeteria was full of people. Some younger then I was, holding their mothers hands and picking at their food. Some were quite old. There was an older woman, she could've been my grandmother, if I had one. “Can we go sit by her?” I asked Ryan. He shrugged, “I don't see why not.”
We walked to the table and sat down. She kept her head down. I tried to get a look at her face. “Hello?” I said. She slowly looked up. “Hello.” she said blankly. I looked at Ryan, I didn't know what exactly to say, this lady wasn't going to be very talkative. “I'm Jecht.” I pointed to Ryan, “This is my friend Ryan.” The old lady nodded. “I'm Mary.” I nodded. “It's a pleasure too meet you Mary.” I said.
I took a glance around the room. There were worried looks on some faces, others were actually laughing. “What brings you two boys here this morning?” I turned back towards Mary. Her facial expression had changed. She was more awake and wanting to listen. “My mother is a little shooken up.” I said with a a nod and small smile. She slowly nodded. “Your father?” she said. I looked towards Ryan with a confused look. “What do you mean exactly?” She knew exactly what had happened without me saying a word about the situation, I could see it in her face. “Yeah it's my fathers fault.” I then turned my head to the ground, “And partly mine.” I whispered.