Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Mary

I walked in the room where Tom was bandaged up, hooked to machines. I stood at the door and stared at the old man.

“Hey dad look at me, think back and talk to me... Did I grow up according to plan?”

To tell the truth, I loved seeing him like this. A smile came to my face, and I let out a chuckle. I knew that he would do the same thing if he saw me in his place. I took a seat next to the door, and waited for Ryan to walk in. I had practically ran down the hallway, I wanted to see how bad his conditions were. I turned around in my seat and saw Ryan, sulking down the hallway; making his way slowly to the room I was sitting in. My smile got bigger. He opened the door slowly. “Look at him.” I said, pointing to the old man. Ryan looked at me with a confused look, then looked at Tom. “It's great seeing him like this.” I said. Ryan shook his head. My smile faded. “What?” I asked. “You!” he said, turning his body towards me. “Even if he treated you like shit, you shouldn't say that! I would've never, and I mean NEVER would've expected to hear that come out of your mouth.” I made my hand into a fist and brought my hand to my mouth, I made it so that my middle knuckle was touching my mouth. I looked at him with confused; sad; mad eyes. “You don't even know.” I whispered and walked out of the room. He didn't follow.
“Everything is falling apart. Nothing will ever be the same. I'm so confused. What will happen?”
I practically ran into the cafeteria. Mary was sitting in the regular spot. I immediately casually walked over to her and sat down. “Why are you here?” I asked. She had never told Ryan or I why she was in the hospital in the first place. “My husband.” I nodded, “I'm sorry.” I said, but it wasn't in a very caring way. “What about you son, I never got a full answer from you?” I almost told her to not call me “son” but it didn't matter. “My mom and dad got in a fight, because I wasn't home on time, I'm not supposed to leave the house, but I had permission form my mother to go to Ryan's house after school. My mom told me to get home, but I pretty much ignored it. I was too scared to walk through my house doors, too scared to know what Tom would've done to me.” I paused for a second, and looked up at Mary. She was listening and staring at me, wanting me to continue. “I went back to Ryan's, my mom pulled up in the drive way, a bloody mess she was. So now my whole family is at the hospital, and I don't know what's to come of me.” I leaned back in my chair, and took a deep breath. I placed my hands on the cold table. Mary put her hands over mine, her skin was so cold, so fragile. “It will be alright.” she said quietly, but also in a caring way. I could feel the tears behind my eyes, I blinked, wanting them to keep inside. “Thank you Mary.” I whispered. She nodded. I stood up. “I should go talk to Ryan. I should also get home.” I smiled to her and slowly turned away. “Take care of yourself.” I heard her say.
That was the last time I had talked to the old woman named Mary.