Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Prison

Ryan was in the room with my father. I thought about going to talk to him and my father, but I wanted to talk to mother first. I snuck past fathers room, and made my way to mother. I passed the desk that Ryan's mother had been waiting at but someone caught my eye. The nurse that had been taking care of my mother. I slowed my walking pase, wanting her to stop me and tell me about mother. She looked up and saw me looking at her, I thought immediately about looking away, but I gave her a smile and continued on my way to mother.
She was awake and staring at the white ceiling. She saw me walk by and sat up in the bed. I ran into the room and sat down in the usual chair. I didn't say anything, neither did she. “What's going to happen am I going to stay at home with you?” I asked. “Jecht... their going to charge me with abuse also.” she said slowly, “I did hurt you, your father and I both will get charged. Probably be in prison a very long time.” she took my hand and held it tight. “You will probably be put in foster care honey, I'm sorry.”
“Again.”
I just stared blankly at the floor, not wanting to see what my mothers expression was. I didn't want mother to go, but I truthfully didn't care what happened to Tom. I let go of my mothers hand and wiped my hands on my thighs. I took my hand and wiped under my nose, I then took my hand and wiped the right side of my face. I sighed while my mom said “I'm sorry, your only 14 and you've already been through hell.” I remembered Ryan. “Mom.” I said. “Yes?” she replied. “Could I live with Ryan?” She didn't reply. “Mom.” I looked her in the eyes. “I don't want to be put in foster care again.” I said it slowly and firmly. She wouldn't reply, but I knew that she was only ignoring me because she didn't know what would happen. “I'll be back; I need to talk to Ryan.” I stood up and kissed her hand; she nodded and closed her eyes.
Ryan was with my father still. My father wasn't speaking to him; but I think that Ryan was speaking to Tom. I slowly opened the door and Tom's face went blank, then to a surprised look. “Tom.” I said blankly. “Jecht.” he replied. “Ryan can I talk to you?” he nodded but didn't stand. “Outside maybe.” I said, motioning to the door. “Here's fine Jecht.” he said. I felt like he was then on my fathers side then, I felt like he didn't love me anymore. I felt alone. I took a seat next to Ryan. Tom laughed a little, “You don't want to sit by me huh?” "Go to hell.” I thought. I gave him a glare and shook my head, then turned to Ryan. “My mother and I were talking about where I would live after both of my parents,” I gave another glare towards Tom, “were arrested.” Ryan then pulled me up by my sleeve, “Let's talk outside now.” he said, like we should've done it in the first place.
"Thought so.”
It was still cold outside but the snow had melted. We both sat on the bench where the man with the cigarette had spoken with me. He took my hand in his, and placed them both on his lap. “Your mother doesn't have to be arrested Jecht” I looked in his eyes, “What?” I whispered sharply. “Even though she used to abuse you, no one can prove it. Tom might tell everyone that she did, but the chances are in our favor.” A faint smile came to my face. “No one will believe that scumbag, but my mom still thinks that she's going to prison, what if she already told someone that she did abuse me?” Ryan shook his head. “She wouldn't have done that, not yet anyways. We need to tell her about the plan, if everything works out then you could still live with her.” I gave Ryan a hug. “Thank you Ryan, you truly are amazing.” He snickered. “We'll I try.” I released him from the hug, “Let's go tell my mom.” I said with a smile.
Mother was still staring at the ceiling. “You can tell her first then I'll add to it alright?” I said to Ryan, staring at my mother, behind the glass wall that divided me from her. He nodded and opened the door. “Ahh I see you've come to visit again,” she said as we sat down, “Have you been home lately either of you?” I looked at Ryan, then back at my mom, and shook my head. “Thought so, but anyways I think that I don't have to be in this place anymore.” she said as she looked around, staring at the walls and then at the machine next to her. I looked at Ryan, trying to tell him telepathically to tell my mother the plan. He eventually looked my way, and gave me a small nod. “Mrs. Eva-” Ryan started to say. My mother patted Ryan's hand, “Please just call me Jan, dear.” Ryan coughed then continued. “Alright, Jan, we both think that you wouldn't have to go to prison. You and Jecht could still live together, and Tom would be the only one stepping into a jail cell.” I saw my mother thinking about it. “Mom, when and if we go to court, I could just say that you never laid a hand on me, that it was all Tom.” she interrupted again, ”It pretty much was Jecht.” she said it like I said the whole thing wrong, like I was convicting her, but I continued talking. “You wouldn't go to prison, unless they just so happen to have video of you, years ago, beating me.” I tried to say it like it was crazy, but I still thought about if they did find evidence that she abused me. “They wouldn't believe a word Tom says, everyone would be on Jecht, and of course your side.” Ryan lifted my mothers sleeve, uncovering the bruise. It had almost finished healing, but it was still a deep purple. “He did abuse you also.” I snickered and shook my head. Ryan was sounding very professional talking to my mother; he could've been a lawyer, or an investigator speaking to my mother, not a 14 year old boy. “What?” he said, giving me a serious look. I looked at him, trying not to snicker again. “Sorry, you don't sound yourself, it's kind of funny.” I let out a small laugh and turned my head to my mother. “We'll this is a serious matter Jecht.” He said. I nodded, “Yes I know, and I'm sorry, please continue.” I said, motioning my hand like I was letting him walk first through a door. He smirked at me and continued talking, “As I was saying, he did abuse you also; they wouldn't believe a word he said, they would think that he's just trying to cover up his tracks. You would have to tell the truth, just try to avoid saying that you ever laid a hand on Jecht.” I reran the plan through my head, trying to find any way that it could go totally wrong.
"What if they still make her go to prison, where would I go then?”