It Hasn't Been Long Enough

Happy Endings

Eight Months Later
April 20th


“So, are you excited to be getting married?” Callie asked Emma, who was standing in front of a mirror in the church, making sure her dress was perfect. Patrick had officially ended chemotherapy a month before, as all of the cancer cells were gone. So, Emma and him had decided to go ahead and get married now.

“Of course!” Emma exclaimed with a smile. “I cannot wait to be Mrs. Patrick Stump.”

“You guys are going to be an amazing married couple! You were made for each other,” Callie told her as she fixed Emma’s hair.

“And I’m glad you’re going to be standing there right next to me,” Emma said.

“Of course,” Callie replied with a smile.

“And I want to say thank you,” Emma continued.

“For what?” Callie questioned.

“For sharing your wedding day. You and Pete didn’t have to agree to a double wedding,” she answered.

“Of course we did! Besides, you and Patrick were engaged long before me and Pete, so you two are allowed to pick your date first. It just happened to be the same date as Pete and me,” Callie replied.

Callie and Pete had decided that they were going to get married April 20th a few months ago. Patrick and Emma had to keep postponing their wedding because Patrick wasn’t healthy enough to have the wedding that Emma wanted, so when they found out that Patrick was officially in the clear a month ago, Callie and Pete suggested that the two couples just do a double wedding.

“Seriously, Callie, thank you.”

“I should be the one thanking you. If it wasn’t for you and Patrick, Pete and I probably wouldn’t be getting married today,” Callie admitted.

“Oh, you two would definitely still be getting married. You two are perfect for each other. I couldn’t see either one of you marrying someone else.”

“Thanks,” Callie said with a smile. “You ready to go walk down the aisle and become Emma Stump?”

“Yep,” Emma smiled. “Are you ready to become Callie Wentz?”

“Of course,” Callie said.

The two girls walked down the aisle and stood next to the men they loved. Pete looked down at Callie and couldn’t believe how much his life had changed in the past year. From having his best friend be diagnosed with cancer and beating it to now marrying the woman he hadn’t stopped loving in the past six years, he couldn’t have imagined a crazier year.

“And do you, Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III, take Callie May Davis to be your wife,” the minister said, bringing Pete out of his thoughts.

“I do,” Pete said automatically, looking down at his soon-to-be wife.

The next thing he knew, the minister was announcing, “You may now kiss your wife.” Without hesitation, Pete leaned down, kissing Callie, knowing that nothing could ever separate the two of them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, that's the end for this story.
Thanks to everyone who read/subscribed/commented. I appreciate every single one of you.
Leave a comment letting me know what you thought of the story :)