Status: Finished! FoREVer

Picture Perfect

Cease the dreaming

At school on Monday, random people would come up to me and congratulate me. Then they would turn to their friends and ask if I was pregnant. They didn’t understand that it wasn’t my choice to get married. They didn’t understand that I was basically blackmailed into it.

Chris had his arm around me the entire day. It was starting to grate on my nerves. He had been possessive before, but never like this. I was happy when sixth period came. It meant that I had at least an hour away from him.

Mrs. Lewis was back, to my joy, and was currently walking the class through Twelfth Night. “This play is all about lies and having to conceal yourself. Look for examples of these themes as you read the first act tonight. Now, onto the history of the play…”

I tuned her out, already knowing all about all of Shakespeare’s works, and began to doodle in my notebook. I let my pencil do the talking as I thought about everything. I had a horse show coming up in a week. I had a wedding to finalize. I had a dress to pick out. A honeymoon destination. Please the mother. Several school projects (all worth a quarter or more of my grade). A fiancé to keep entertained. Ballroom lessons (still)...and my dad’s leaving in a few days for yet another business trip…oh! And let’s not forget that I may be falling for my Shakespeare partner! Oh, why does life have to be so complicated! Why can’t it just understand that I can’t be five million people at once!

“Pst, Anna, can we talk?” Jimmy asked as he sidled closer to me.

“What’s there to talk about?” I asked, feigning innocence.

“Anna, I think we both kno-”

“Mr. Sullivan, quiet,” Mrs. Lewis snapped.

Jimmy quickly shut his mouth as she continued on with her lecture (most of the material being false). He was quiet for the rest of the class period, which I was thankful for. But, as soon as the bell rang, he caught my arm.

He gulped nervously when my eyes met his. “Y-You’re engaged?” he asked, looking at the ring adorning my finger. His grip on my arm lessened until her let go of my completely.

I nodded, my gaze following his. “Yea, I am.”

“You don’t look too thrilled about it.”

That’s because I’m not, I thought to myself.

“Anna,” Chris called from the doorway.

I nodded to him before looking back at Jimmy. “Tomorrow after school sounds great. I’ll see you then.” I said before grabbing my bag and walking over tomy fiancé Chris.

“What was he doing?” Chris asked, not even attempting to hide his malice as he walked me to my car.

“He was wondering when we could meet up again. He’s my partner for the Shakespeare project. Remember?” I reminded him, my voice cool.

“He was touching you,” Chris growled.

“Because I was about to leave and he needed to talk to me. Don’t worry, Chris,” I told him as I turned to face him. I rubbed his cheek with my thumb, trying to calm his down. “I’m engaged to you, and nothing’s going to change that.” Because it’s a fucking iron-clad contract. I smiled at him before coaxing his lips to mine. I was amazed at how different the two kisses were- wake up, Anna! You’re engaged. I gently pulled away and pecked his lips. “Now, I have a lesson to get to, and you have to get to your dad’s firm, if I’m not mistaken.”

Chris nodded. “Are you still coming over for dinner tonight?”

I smiled. “Of course I am. I’ll see you then.” I pecked his lips once more before slipping into my car and driving off.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for everyone sticking with me. I know it's short and a pretty crappy chapter. I'm hoping that, after the next chapter, this story will pick up the pace. I know for sure that there are going to be a few time jumps, so just stick with me.

=D bree