Status: Finished! FoREVer

Picture Perfect

Fool in Aluminum

Time passed by too quickly for my liking. Soon enough, it was graduation time. I stood behind the podium, wringing my hands. I had put a lot of thought into my valedictorian speech. It spoke of going out and exploring the world, but always remembering where home was. It was one giant fat lie. I wasn’t going to be able to do most of the stuff I was telling my classmates to do. I was going to be stuck at home, going to parties with rich snobs, and spawning a couple of bratty children.

“…So go out now and let your dreams take flight. Nothing is impossible to those who chase down and tackle their dreams.” I smiled before taking my seat again. Then they started calling out our names. Thankfully, there were only about a hundred and fifty people in our class, so it went by pretty quickly.

When Jimmy brushed past my seat after he walked across the stage, our eyes locked. The usual cheer was out of his eyes, leaving them cold and a little empty. His shoulders were hunched and he looked extremely pale. As he continued walking by, all I could think about was how much I missed him- how much I was going to miss him.

Guys like him don’t come around too often. The only word that could summon his up was crazy. He wasn’t fake like every other guy I knew- he was real. He was charming and funny- he always knew how to cheer me up, even when we didn’t know each other all too well. He was a complete prankster, as well as the perfect gentleman. I highly doubt that I’ll ever find anyone who can even come close to what he is.

Jimmy didn’t go back to his seat like he was supposed to. Instead, he kept walking straight, exiting out of the back door.

There goes my life. There go my dreams. There goes the only guy I will ever love, I thought bitterly to myself as the door swung gently shut behind him. “This is all for the best, you know,” I whispered under my breath as the last name was called.

Everyone threw their caps up into the air. Not me. I stayed still- statuesque, even. I guess I was still in shock or something, because even Chris jostling me didn’t cause me to stir.

“ANNA!” he yelled. “Let’s go, mom wants pictures and I want to get them over with so I can party!” he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me forward. I was reluctant, but I did so anyways.

…because it was my duty, and I couldn’t do a damn thing about it.

Two months later
The cathedral was bedecked in shades of gold and black. Four men lined the front of the church, near the alter. When the procession began, all eyes turned to see the ring bearer and flower girl walk timidly down the aisle. Three bridesmaids, all wearing identical horrendously gold short strapless dresses followed.

And then I stepped forward, wearing a sad excuse for a wedding dress. It was extremely poofy with ruffles and bows every where. It reminded me of those toilet paper dresses that little girls are so fond of making. Tahnkfully, I didn't have a veil on. According to mother, I didn't have the cheekbones for one and she forbid me from ever touching one. that actually made me happy, because I knew she would stick me in an equally atrocious contraption. Instead, there was a tasteful tiara (that I fought hard for) perched on top of my french-twisted hair that had baby's breath strategically placed in it.

Dad walked me down the aisle. He walked very slowly, like he didn't want me going through this at all. A few times, his steps faltered, but I pushed him slightly forward. There was no backing out of it, no matter how much we disapproved. "I'm sorry," he mouthed after kissing my cheek.

I nodded my head slightly. I accepted my fate, and I didn't have any remorse.

Chris grabbed my hand as the priest spoke: "We are gathered here today..."

I didn't pay much attention. I think I was mentally blocking the whole ordeal out. I guess part of me was also waiting for someone to wake me up from this nightmare. I knew that wouldn't happen. Another part of me wished that a guest would have a heart attack (preferably my mother) and would have to be rushed to the hospital (in my mother's case, she can just die- I would be okay with that). There were countless scenarios running through me- many of which involved bodily harm and the prospect of death; one involved fire and crazy pyrotechnics. But, I guess the biggest one- the one that I wanted more than anything- was for Jimmy to burst through the door on a large white horse (I'm allowed to be cliché) and save me. We would go ride off into the sunset- into the ocean- where we could be free to be ourselves.

Of course, none of that happened.

"And do you, Annaliese Nicole DiMarco, take Chirstopher James Sinclair to be your lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for long as you both shall live?" the priest asked, looking at me expectantly.

I bit my lip and looked into Chris' green eyes. "I do," I said. In his eyes, I saw my dreams die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one is the last one. Thanks to everyone who stuck with me all this time!

Comments? thoughts as we near the end/
=D bree

P.S. Oh, and to clear some things up, I'm still waiting for submissions to the PREQUEL of Gin and Juice/ Rum and Coke. Sorry if I confused anyone.