Status: Finished! FoREVer

Picture Perfect

The Beginning of the End

“Hey, baby,” the blonde haired hazel eyed teen greeted me. I gave him a weak smile, but pecked his cheek nonetheless.

“Hey, Chris,” I forced out. Even though I had technically been dating him for the past three years, I still didn’t like him like I should. It’s not that his little flings on the side bothered me...I actually thought of them as somewhat normal.

He gave me one of his award winning smiles and took me by the hand before leading me out of the house. “So, your car is still in the shop?”

I sighed and pulled my shades down over my eyes. “Unfortunately.”

“They still haven’t found the punks that did it?” A week ago, someone cut the brake lines in my car. I didn’t realize it until I tried stopping, but wound up wrapped around a tree. Fortunately, there was no serious damage to me and the car was fixable. Unfortunately, it would take another week before I could have my baby back.

“No, and I’m not really worried about it, I just hate how I have to get a ride from everybody,” I voiced my thoughts as he opened the passenger door for me. “I feel like such a bum.”

Chris chuckled at me and pecked my lips. “I don’t mind really, it just gives me an excuse to be around my beautiful girlfriend.” He flashed his smile again- the smile that made the entire female population of our school fall in love with him- as he shut the door and jogged over to the driver’s side.

The ride to school was silent, save for the pop music that was flowing out of his speakers. I had to will myself from not cringing when he turned up the volume. He sent me a small smile and grabbed my hand over the center console. I gave him a smile back.

When he pulled into his assigned parking spot, he gave me a cheesy grin and kissed my knuckles. “Are you ready for your last year as queen of this shitty ass school?”

I sighed and looked at the building. “Yea, I guess so,” I breathed, walking hand in hand with Chris toward the entrance. It held so many memories- the good, the bad, and the hideous. For the past six years, I have done nothing but surround myself with shallow and fake friends. They didn’t care anything about me, personally, just my status and my parents’ money. For the past four years, I’ve “ruled the school” as Chris would say…and all because I was “popular” and dating the first-string QB, who was also the pitcher for the school’s baseball team. I’m supposedly the “prettiest” girl in the school (I consider myself very plain), I’m on top of all the trends (not really), and I have the best taste in fashion and music (that I utterly despise). They’re all a bunch of kiss-asses, really.

“Well, we have two classes and lunch together,” Chris sighed as he looked over our schedules.

I smiled at him and took a look at them. We had Calculus and History together. “Hey, at least it’s something. Where are our lockers this year?” I asked, taking my bag and schedule from him.

He frowned. “On complete opposite ends of the school. Man, that’s gonna suck.”

“Yo, Chris-man! What’s up?!” Robby, one of “our” friends greeted. He was on the football team. Personally, I couldn’t stand him…but that’s not saying anything because I couldn’t really stand any of my “friends.”

“Hey, Robby. Hey, Tiffany.” Chris greeted the couple.

“Anna! It’s so good to see you again!” Tiffany shrieked, opening her arms wide and engulfing me in a hug. “I missed you! What did you do this summer?”

I politely smiled and replied. “Oh, you know, the usual- spend a month in Paris, come home, show…I actually got a new horse just yesterday.”

“Oh,” she replied, albeit a little forced. They guys had already engaged in a conversation of their own. “So, I heard about the accident. So tragic, but I’m glad you’re okay.”

I kept my pretences up. “Yes, we’re all very thankful that only the car was damaged.”

She stepped closer to me. “I bet it was those punks,” she sneered a little loudly as the group in question passed. One of them- I think his name was Zacky- glared at her as he walked by. “Just look at them, they scream criminal. I hear that they’ve all been to jail a few times…and look at those piercings! Urgh, very disgusting.”

I nodded my head. But I didn’t share my fellow classmate’s opinions on them. For some reason, I wasn’t afraid of them…I was intrigued.

“Urgh, class,” Chris moaned from beside me. He gave my hip a small squeeze and pecked my lips. “I’ll see you next period, okay? Love you.”

I smiled at him. “Me too.” I replied softly before walking away from him.

Jimmy’s POV

“Fuck, I thought it would do at least some damage to her!” Zacky complained from across the table, his eyes never leaving the blonde bimbo across the cafeteria.

I shrugged and rubbed my temples. “I told you it was a stupid idea, but did you listen to me? no. you and Matt decided to go ahead with it.”

“C’mon, man, you have to agree with me. That tree should have done some damage, no matter how much plastic and silicon she has in her!”

Sighing, I looked over at her. Annaliese DiMarco. Yea, she was hot and all, but you could tell that she was just as fake as the rest of the people she hung out with. I’ve known- well, not know her, per say, but we’ve shared the same class/homeroom since kindergarten. We talked a few times, way back in elementary school, and they weren’t very long…or deep…and she would always send me one of those stupid valentines things…but, that didn’t mean anything. Who actually forges everlasting friendships in elementary school, anyways? It’s required for everyone to get along then, before social cliques and stereotypes set in. I shook my head. “I don’t know, daddy could have fixed everything up within a day. You know how all of them work.”

Zacky laughed. “Yea, fucking rich snobs. Dude, we should just ditch. I really don’t feel like going to the rest of my classes.”

I leaned back in my chair. “Can’t…I promised mother-dearest that I would at least go to all of my classes for the first week.”

“Sucks for you. Hey, we should all get together later at my house. Call up the rest of the guys.”

I cocked my eyebrow at him. “Am I even allowed at your house anymore? I’m surprised your mother didn’t put a restraining order on me or some shit like that.”

Zacky nearly fell out of the sad excuse for a chair because he was laughing so hard. “Man, that’s the funniest shit I’ve ever heard.”

“Yea, yea. So, you never did tell me what happened after I left.”

“Oh, the usual. Dad yelled…and yelled some more. Mom cried, wondering where she went wrong…then they brought Matt into the picture, saying that I was being a horrible role model…then they sat us down and basically threatened that if they ever saw drugs in the house again, then they’d kick my ass to Tahiti and back or some shit like that,” he ended with a shrug.

“Damn, that’s fucked up.”

“Whatever. Anyways, the bells about to ring and I better scram. See ya later, man.”

“Yea, see ya.” I said, watching him as he left. Groaning because the bell rang, I stood up and began making my way to fifth period. Only two more hours left in this fucking hell hole. My day could get any worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chris

comments? thoughts?