Dateless Wonders

Chapter 2- In which nothing all that interesing ha

With less than four days until the formal Gerard decided he wasn’t going. He had asked what he reckoned was every girl in the school and everyone of them had turned him down.

When he told Bert he wasn’t going he looked disappointed and told him that if he wanted he’d ditch his sister and go to the formal with him instead or that he could go with Bert’s other sister, Carrie. He had refused both offers because half the school already thought he was gay and turning up to the formal with a guy wasn’t really going to help stop the rumours and Carrie was ten years old and he didn’t want to be thought of as some sort of paedophile.

The night of the formal came and Gerard was sat cross legged on his bed drawing L from Deathnote and singing to Maria by Blondie.

“Your soooooo gay”

Gerard looked up to see his younger brother Mikey.

“Least I wasn’t an accident.”

Mikey rolled his eyes, “Mom said you have to come downstairs, dinners ready.”

Following Mikey downstairs Gerard was greeted by the smell of burnt pasta.

His mother smiled at him and handed him his plate.

“Why didn’t you go to your formal?” His father asked, not once looking up from his plate.

“Cause he’s gay.”

“MICHEAL! DON’T SAY THAT ABOUT YOUR BROTHER!” His mother screamed.

“Well he is! A girl in my history class saw him tongue wrestling with Bert Mc Cracken!”

Gerard choked, if he was going to “tongue wrestle” with anyone it wouldn’t be Bert, he might catch something.

“I did not!”

Mikey grumbled something.

“What was that, Micheal?” Gerard sneered

Mikey glared at him, “Nothing Geraldine.”

After that dinner was one big awkward silence and Gerard was relieved when he got to go back to his “fortress of doom” as his father called it.

About three episodes of three and a half men later, Gerard’s phone beeped. Picking it up he seen he had a message from Bert.

“Dis is so borin ur lucky u didn’t com”

The fact that the formal was boring made Gerard feel slightly better about not being able to find someone to go with.

He lay down on his bed and started thinking up ways on how to kill Wayne Campbell from “Wayne’s World” with a toothpick and eventually fell asleep.