Promise Me Forever

001 - Escape

“You’re worthless!” he yelled the pushed me down onto the hard wooden floors. I tried to back up, to get away from him when he was angry like this.

But it was no use. The tall bookcase that was filled with my book stopped me from getting any further away from him. And that was the one place I wanted to be when he started to think of the friend he’d lost a little over a year ago in a car accident.

“No, I’m not! Josh, I work way harder than you do, and you know it! You just need to stop it, get over what happened in the past and just live with what you have now. And if you keep this up, it won’t be me!” I screamed back at him, know that it was just going to lead to me having more bruises.

He advanced on me, and swung his foot back into order to get more power behind the kick that was aimed for my side. That was going to leave a nasty mark, I could already feel it. I endured the kick but stood up as quickly as I could afterwards.

I took off running down the hallway to the only room in the house that had a locking door and a window. The guest bedroom, and it just so happened to be the furthest away from the room I was in at the moment. I knocked the things off of the table in the hallway as I rounded the corner, only a few strides away from the room now.

“Get back here!” Josh shouted the dived and grabbed my feet causing me to fall to the ground again. I was tired to death of him pushing me down. I lifted my room at aimed it right for his beautiful face. His nose started to bleed instantly, and I think that I saw some redness on his lip also, but I’d already stood up and had the door almost closed by the time I noticed the damage I’d done to him.

I ran over to the window, throwing things everywhere in case he managed to get the door open, he’d have a harder time reaching me. I yanked the window open and stood up trying to jump over the bush that was outside the window. I was glad that I hadn’t run upstairs, that would have just made things a lot harder.

I managed to make it over the thorny bush, but I landed on my ankle wrong, and that slowed me down a bit. It shouldn’t have been anything serious. I ran as fast as my hurting ankle would allow towards the small town just minutes away from my home.

There were people everywhere, and I knew that it wouldn’t be long before Josh in his beat up old Honda, so I decided that walked against the crowd of people would help him not see me as well. Since there were people everywhere, it was hard not to bump into anyone, but I had successfully not ran into anyone yet. There were only a few cars driving on the roads, but I’d know the sound of that car anywhere. After all, it had been in my life as long as Josh had, almost three years.

“Jade, come on done be like that!” Josh yelled sticking his head out of the window. Fear stuck across my face as I realized that if I went home I’d get it real bad. Luckily for me, someone came to my rescue.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry,” I said as I dropped to the ground to help the man pick up the things that I’d caused him to spill.

“It’s not your fault. The manic yelling out his car window distracted me, I wasn’t watching where I was going,” he explained bending down to help me.

After everything was back in its proper bag, we both stood up and looked at each other. He was beautiful. Short black hair and the deepest green eyes. He had two piercing in his lower lip, these I knew were called snake bites. He had a rushed look on his face, which quickly turned confused when he saw the expression on mine.

“What’s wrong? You look as if you just saw a ghost,” he asked laughing a bit.

“That guy, he’s my boyfriend. And I…,” I said stopping myself before I could spill an secrets that would cause Josh just to hurt me more later.

“Is he the one you were just running from?”

I nodded my head slowly, feeling embarrassed I quickly looked down. “It’s fine. I was just about to move out of your way. Can I ask why you were running?”

I thought about lying to him. But I don’t think that he’d deserved to be lied to. I did just meet him. “We’re fighting,” I said simply. It wasn’t a complete lie.

“Do you need somewhere to just get away for a while? My girlfriend just broke up with me, so no one is saying that you couldn’t’ some stay with me for a while. Am I being to straight forward? You don’t have to stay if you want. I’d just thought that I’d help out a girl in need,” he said quickly.

I went over his offer in my head. It didn’t sound too bad. But at the moment, anything sounded better than going home to Josh.

“You don’t mind?” I asked just making sure that he didn’t want to take back his offer.

“Not at all,” he said and right at that moment, I heard a car door slam, and an angry boyfriend’s voice right behind me.

The guy, who’s name I didn’t even know, handed me the keys to his car, told me to wait there and that he would be only a second. I hit the lock button, just to see which car was his, then unlocked it and got into the passenger side. I put the keys into the ignition and started the car. If he was doing what I thought he was doing, which could end up in me just getting hurt more in the long run, we would need the quick getaway.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Zacky Vengeance. I was listening to the song Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and I had a great idea for a one shot. And the one shot slowly merged into a full length story.

I must warn you, unless I get really good feedback on this story. I won't be updating it as much as my Alex and Syn stories. They are the first ones on my list to get chapters written for. Sorry, this one wasn't planned out, it just happened.

but still. comment and subscribe. if I get 5 comments I'll update this story, but I'm not requiring it, if I get an idea for this story I'll write a chapter. But I'm going to try and spend most of my time writing for the other stories.

Comment. Subscribe.