Promise Me Forever

013 - Homecoming

I nodded, silently answering the question Matt just asked. I did have news for them, and it was very good.

When I looked up again they all had anxious looks on their faces. It was actually kind of funny, I think that they though it was something bad. But it was probably the furthest thing from it.

“Well?” Val asked.

“The doctor said that I was doing really well,” I paused loving the excitement that was building up. “And if I wanted I could come home tomorrow.”

The girl’s let out squeals and Zacky jumped up to give me a hug. He kissed my forehead lightly as he pulled away and I smiled, happy to know that he was pleased that I was coming home.

When he was seated, Michelle, Val and Lacey enveloped me in a hug.

“So, you’re coming home?” Brian asked smiling.

“Yeah,” I responded nodding, confirming the answer.

“That’s fuckin awesome man,” Jimmy yelled giving high fives to Zacky, Matt, and Syn. They all returned them enthusiastically.

---------------------------------

“I just need you to sign these papers, then you’re free to go,” the nurse spoke as she handed over a clipboard and a pen.

I skimmed the page quickly, basically only reading the bolded parts. It asked for my initials twice and my signature at the bottom of the page. I quickly signed and handed her back the papers.

“That’s it. Have a nice day,” she said smiling.

I grabbed Zacky’s hand and pulled him with me out the door and down the hallway to where the elevators were.

I was really anxious to get out of here. I’d been here for a little over a month, and even though I’d been unconscious for ¾ of the time, I was bored out of my mind for the other fourth.

“You seem excited,” Zacky chucked as we reached the elevator, the doors opened and we stepped inside.

I noticed that the 1st floor button was already pushed. So, I looked around for another person in the elevator. My eyes widened and my breath got caught in my throat at who I saw.

Josh was standing right in front of me, and Zacky didn’t even seem to acknowledge him.

After shaking my head and blinking a couple times, I saw why. It wasn’t Josh, I was just being paranoid.

Zacky nudged me, and gave a questioning look as I looked up at him. I shook my head, trying to push it off as nothing. He just rolled his eyes and shrugged, obviously not believing me.

I followed him out of the elevator and out to the car. Music started blaring as soon as he turned the car on but Zacky quickly silenced it.

“What was that back there?” he asked as we started on our way home.

I shrugged, “I thought I saw Josh. But, I didn’t, it wasn’t him. Don’t worry about it, I’m just being paranoid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. Sorry about that. =/

I planned out the remaining chapters yesterday and there's only going to be 11 more chapters. But, a LOT of things happen during them. And I don't think you'll like most of them.

comment!subscribe!