Promise Me Forever

020 - Daddy

The worried expression on my face stayed a little longer as I turned to look at Zacky, to see how he took the news.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” the nurse muttered as she slipped out of the room quietly.

“So, how do you feel?” I asked after a few minutes and he hadn’t said anything.

He finally showed some kind of emotion.

“I’d feel a lot fucking better if you didn’t sound like a therapist,” he shot at me with a serious look on his face, which quickly faded faster than it came. “Are you kidding me? How do you think I feel? I’m fucking ecstatic, I’m gonna be a daddy! I’ve got to call the guys.”

I breathed out a deep sigh of relief. I really thought for a second he was going to jump down my throat about the whole thing. But now the only thing I had to worry about was how the baby was doing. For it to be Zacky’s I had to be pregnant the whole entire time I was at the asshole’s house. I was treated like a piece of shit there, if anything happened to this baby, it’d be on Josh’s head. And Zacky would make sure he paid for it.

“Just call everyone else and tell them to get down to the hospital. We have big news, ok bye Matt,” Zacky spoke into his sidekick before ending the call. “Everyone’s on their way here. I was just going to tell them over the phone, but I thought I’d just worry them a bit before hand.”

“You know that’s kind of mean,” I whispered.

“I’m a mean person.”

“No, you’re not,” I started and paused for dramatic effect. “You’re just my Zacky-kinns!”

His eyes narrowed at that one, “Don’t ever call me that again, ever. Please?”

“Well, since you said please…I’ll think about it.”

----------------------

“What’s this big fucking news you’ve got to tell us?” Brian asked as he finally walked into the room, he and Michelle were the last to get here.

“You can tell them Zack,” I said.

“Tell us what? Is it bad?” Val asked alarmed.

“It depends,” Zacky started. “For us, it’s great. You’ll have to decide for yourself-,”

“Just hurry up and tell us!” Lacey exclaimed.

“Okay, okay, calm down. I’m going to be a dad!” Zacky told them.

They were shocked, and you could tell by the looks on their faces that they truly didn’t know what to think about the situation. Zacky was right though, the baby was going to be great for us.

Leana and Val were exchanging looks, I had no doubt that they were having a silent conversation. Either that or they were about to ask a question.

Val turned to me, “Are you sure that it’s Zacky’s?”

“Sure am, the doctor’s did a paternity and it came back that it’s indeed Zacky’s baby,” I spoke up.

They were all quiet again as they mauled over the information. I really didn’t know what to think of his now, they weren’t reassuring me at all, for all I knew they could all be completely crushed about it. Maybe they didn’t really like me.

“Well since no one else is going to speak up, I guess I will. I’m happy for you guys, I think a baby will really do you some good, Zacky. And that fact that it’s with Jade is amazing, I don’t think you two could be more perfect for each other,” Matt said giving me the reassurance that I desperately needed.

“Yeah, we’re all really happy for you guys. Right?” Val asked them all.

“Yeah,” they all chorused.

I had a really bad feeling that deep down they weren’t happy for us.

“Why do I feel like you’re not actually happy about this?” Zacky spoke the exact words I was thinking.

“Considering everything you guys have gone through, now just doesn’t seem like the right time. But if you two are really sure about the whole thing, I guess there really isn’t anything we can do about it, but be happy for you,” Johnny said.

“Can you give us a minute?” Zacky asked.

They all exited a room mumbling things. I heard the door click shut then Zacky came over a sat next to me.

“I’m sorry for how they’re acting. I thought they’d be happy for us, I guess not,” he signed taking me hand in his and squeezing it slightly.

“Just promise me something,” I spoke.

“Anything,” he replied.

“Promise me that the baby won’t come in between us. I want to be with you forever,” I questioned him.

“I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, are you happy Zacky's the daddy? I figured that so many things in this story have gone against Zacky and Jade that I wanted to make one thing go how they wanted it to.

Sorry for the suckish ending, I hadn't originally planned for them to not accept it, it just kind of happened.