Promise Me Forever

021 - Baby Time

The past eight months for Zacky and I had been pretty hard. They guys spent about four months on tour towards the beginning of the pregnancy but when they got home I was able to great Zacky with the news that we were having a baby boy.

To say he was happy would be an understatement. He was ecstatic, evidently he’d always wanted a boy.

Everyone else finally came around after a while. I guess that they were just shocked at first. Val and all the other girls even threw me a surprise baby shower, all the things they gave us helped out a lot. Everything between all of us was back to as normal as it ever got, except for that fact that I was pregnant.

But back to the current time, Zacky was seated in the hospital chair next to me. They’d moved me back to a normal room around ten minutes ago and they’d taken the baby to the nursery to get him all checked over.

So far he was perfect, ten fingers and toes. Nothing seemed wrong from the outside but they wanted to check and make sure.

Zacky was currently filling out all the papers. The birth certificate was already filled out and sitting on the table next to the bed. We named him Andrew James Baker. He was born on June 18th. He was six pounds and seven ounces, nineteen inches long. According to the doctors he was average.

“You have some visitors, would you like me to send them in?” the nurse asked peeking her head into the room.

“Yes,” I answered. “Can you bring Andrew in also?”

“Right away.”

As she left all the guys filled into the room. They paid absolutely no attention to me, all of their attention’s were focused on the door. They wanted to see the baby.

The nurse came back right away with Andrew. He was now tightly wrapped up in a blue blanket. And unlike the last time I saw him, he was clean his eyes were now open. They were the color I was hoping for, green. The exact same shade as Zacky’s.

“Awe, can I hold him?” Val asked stepping forward from the group, Leana soon followed and called second. The girls took turns passing him around but none of the guys offered. Brian’s eyes widened when Michelle turned to him and held the baby out to him.

“No thanks, you hold him. I’m afraid I’ll drop him, then Zack would kick my ass,” he said taking a step back and away from Andrew and Michelle.

“Fine see if I ever have kids with you then,” Michelle responded turning so her back was facing Brian and she handed the baby carefully over to Matt who immediately started to whisper to him.

Everyone started to laugh when Andrew stared wigging and began to cry. “Here Baker, take your kid.”

Zacky quickly hushed him up by pushing a bottle into his mouth.

“I hate to break anything up, but visiting hours are over in just a couple minutes and we need to get the baby back to the nursery,” the same nurse as before interrupted.

Leana stepped up and hugged me then said, “Well, I guess that we’ll be heading out. Jimmy and I are planning on stopping by tomorrow.”

After everyone left Zacky look at me as he burped Andrew. “Today was a good day, don’t you think?”

“It would have been a lot better if it didn’t hurt so much.”

He just laughed at that.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. Sorry.

On another note, this is not the last chapter. There is still one more left and I would love to be able to get 100 comments for this story. I've had so many wonderful commenters, readers and subscribers for this story and I know we can reach that with no problem. So just take a minute or two out of your day to tell me what you though of the whole story.

Please?