Promise Me Forever

003 - BBQ

"You gettin' in?" Zacky asked me referring to the pool.

"I don't' have a suit," I answered motioning to my fully clothed body.

He just rolled his eyes at me and got up out of the pool. My eyes went wide with realization when he started walked towards me with a wide grin on his face.

"Oh, no you don't," a girl who I came to know as Val said as she stood up from her tanning spot near the side of the pool. I sighed with relief. "I'm sure that I have a suit that would fit her. And if I don't I'm pretty sure that Leana has one."

I followed Val into the house and she led me up a flight of stairs and into a room that had some bags sitting on the floor.

"What size jeans do you wear?" she asked pulling out a suit from one bag and another from a different one.

"A 5 or a 7 depending on the brand," I answered honestly.

"Here try these on, one of them has got to fit you. There are towels underneath the sink, just come on back down when you're done," she explained then headed towards the doorway about to leave.

"Wait!" I called after her thinking about the bruises that I probably had on my stomach from him kicking me just hours ago. "You don't happen to have some sort of cover up do you?"

"Uh, let me check," she said a little unsure of herself and walked back over to the bag. Seconds later she pulled out a large Avenged Sevenfold shirt. "Will this work?"

I was a little hesitant with my answer, it would have covered anything on my upper arms and stomach, I wasn't sure about my legs it wasn't that long. I nodded though, it was better than nothing.

She walked out of the room after handing me the shirt and I changed quickly in the bathroom. There was indeed a bruise on my lower stomach and the shirt would cover that. I had a few scabs along my legs and arms from past times when Josh took a knife to me.

I put my clothes on the bed and made my way downstairs, tugging the shirt to go down more along the way. I opened the glass sliding doors and walked outside the air was warm against my bare legs.

"Well look who finally decided to join us!" Matt, Val's husband, yelled from the pool. They had set up a water volleyball net and Brian was getting the ball out of the shed.

"You can be on me, Matt, Val, and Lacey's team," Zacky yelled from the other side of the pool as I entered via the stairs.

"Okay," I mumbled as I walked as fast as I could threw the water and over to Zacky's side.

The bottom of the shirt was getting wet and it was starting to stick. I knew eventually I'd have to take it off cause it would get soaked eventually. I didn't like stuff sticking to me.

"Why do you have a shirt on?" Zacky asked.

Bruise, I mouthed, he nodded in understanding.

"Let the games begin!" Brian yelled as he served the ball up and over the net, it came right at Zacky and I and since we were talking it hit the water giving them the first point.

"This is gonna be an easy win," Michelle commented. And oh how wrong she was going to be proven.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and it's a filler, but part 2 will be out probably tomorrow, depending on how much homework I have. I missed yesterday and today thanks to strep throat.

Comment. Subscribe.

Peace.Love.Vengeance.