Promise Me Forever

006 - Rebound Girl

“What do you want for breakfast?” Zacky asked me as I walked slowly into the kitchen the next morning.

“I don’t care. I’m not picky,” I responded sitting down on a bar stool next to the counter.

He handed me a plate that had bacon, eggs, and toast. I gladly took it and picked up the fork that was in front of me. Zacky placed the salt and pepper shakers in between us as he sat down next to me and I picked up the salt and sprinkled a little bit on my eggs.

“So, do you want to hang out with the guys today, or it just be us two. I don’t mind whichever you chose,” he asked taking a bit of his bacon while he talked.

“Um, it doesn’t matter to me. You can go hang out with them, if you want. I’m just staying here, you don’t have to do something with me everyday. It’s not like I’m a kid,” I responded, getting a angry because I was starting to the clingy vibe from him. I don’t like clingy people.

He just nodded while turning back to his food. I guess that I’d find out what we were doing later today then.

After I was finished eating, I put my washed off plate into the sink and finished the rest of the milk I had, then walked back upstairs to my room.

I opened the closet where I’d hung my clothes up last night and got out a pair of jeans and a band t-shirt. The bruise on my side was still very visible, unfortunately.

I felt my hair to see if it felt greasy or not, it didn’t’ so I decided to just take a shower tonight. I slipped on the clothes I picked out and put my hair up in a pony tail, leaving my bangs down.

“Hey, Jade. Val, Lacey, and Leana want to take you shopping. Do you want to go?” Zacky asked, it sounded if he was just standing outside my door.

“Yeah, sure. Are you taking me over there or are they coming here to get me?” I questioned buttoning my jeans then opening the door to see him standing there with the phone pressed to his ear.

“She said that they would come and get you and that they’ll be here in ten minutes,” he said goodbye to Val, or whoever he was talking to, and walked into my room.

He straightened up my bed a bit as he sat down on it. Then he placed the phone so it stood up on the nightstand.

“Do you think you’d ever go back to him?” he wondered, looking up to me, I could tell my the look in his eyes that he was really serious about this.

“I don’t know,” I answered truthfully. “Probably not. But I can’t stay here forever, Zacky.”

“And who said that you couldn’t?” he said calmly. That was the exact opposite of how I was expecting he would respond. “You’re a good person, who’s been treated terribly. You can stay here longer, than the week. Fuck, I don’t care if you want to move in with me!”

“Just promise me one thing, Zacky,” I retorted.

When he didn’t answer me, I continued. “Tell me I’m not just the rebound girl. That I’m not just here to replace your ex.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

“So, you really asked that?” Leana asked after I told her the whole ‘fight’ that Zacky and I had.

I nodded and handed the cashier Zacky’s credit card he’d given me before I left.

“Then he kissed you?!” Val squealed grabbing my bags so that we could get going.

The rest of the girls smiled at me as we exited the mall, heading towards Val’s car. She popped the trunk and we put all of the bags into it. I opened the front door on the passenger side and slid in onto the hot leather seat.

They started a conversation amongst themselves and I drifted off thinking about Zacky.

They dropped me off at Zacky’s house and I got my three bags out of the back of the car. The front door was unlocked so I walked inside and set my things down on the kitchen table. Zacky was no where to be found.

’Cause it’s been 18 days, since I first held you. But to me if feels just like, it feel’s like a lifetime

I dug my phone out of my purse and the little red light was blinking, I’d gotten a text and it was from Val.

Hey, Zacky’s at Jimmy’s house. Do you want me to go inside and see what’s up?

No, he’ll have to come back here eventually. Besides, it might just be nothing.

She didn’t say anything after that so I figured that she just went on home.

Zacky’s walked into the door about an hour later. I was sitting on the couch watching Armageddon. He sat stood in front of me handed me a note then walked upstairs. I waited until I was sure that he was in his room before I unfolded it.

Wanna go on a date with me tomorrow night at 7?

My phone went off again from the table in front of me. I picked it up and opened the text that I got.

So, what do you say?

Instead of replying to the message I walked up the stairs and knocked on Zacky’s door. He opened and looked anxious to hear my answer.

“Yes.”

He pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek lightly as he pulled away.

“I’m going to go make spaghetti for dinner,” he stated walked around me and down into the kitchen below us.

I joined him a few minutes later and he was putting the noodles into the already boiling water. There was a jar of sauce next to the stove and a pan that it was going to go in was on the stove.

I walked over to the cabinet that had plates in it and set two of them onto the table, forks soon following them.

When he was finished cooking he set the pans on towels on the table and put each of us a small portion onto the plates. We talked over what we were going to do tomorrow night and everything got planned. He was going to take me to a nice Mexican restaurant then we were going to go Johnny’s bar, which I learned wasn’t to far from Matt and Val’s house so we were all going to go there afterwards, and stay the night.

“Well, I’m going to go take a shower then I’m going to bed. Long day you know?” I said standing up and leaving the table.

He looked a little shocked that I was just leaving like that. I rolled my eyes and continued on my way. My feet hurt like hell from walking around all day and I couldn’t wait to just go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long for this to get out. I planned on posting it last night, but I didn't finish it. but here it is!

The Syn story is on Hiatus. I don't have any ideas for that story, so some help would be highly appreciated.