Black Cat Cafe

Drama

There were about two customers in the café today; contently sipping coffee, so Lindsay decided to take a seat to chat to Danny. “Hey,” She smiled whilst making herself comfortable on the scarlet corner-seat.
“How are things?” Asked Danny.
“Same as usual.”
“That bad eh?” They both chuckled and carried on with a steady conversation for some time.
“Danny, I really like you and; it’s pretty stupid but” Lindsay paused and blushed. “Will you go out-“ She was cut off when a tall man with a nasty scowling face stormed through the café door. Lindsay shook with fear.

“Lindsay! Where are you? Get out here now!” The few customers that were in the café looked up in shock; never before had anyone barged into the subtle café and shouted. It was rare that anyone even came into the café except its regulars. A smart-looking, middle-aged woman with black hair and red pointy shoes came from the kitchens behind the counter.
“Just who do you think you are sir? Coming into my café and demanding that one of my staff should come to you?” She glanced around the dimly lit café searching for Lindsay. “And why is Lindsay of any concern to you?” Her glossy blue eyes flashed; her tone was acidic. “Who exactly are you?” She asked with disdain.
“Her father, Mrs?”
“Miss Garnet Blackwood; owner of this establishment. I would greatly thank you if you lowered your voice.” She paused for a moment to calm herself. “I do not believe you should be coming into my café, disrupting my customers and demanding to see Lindsay; even if she is your daughter.” Garnet was worried but remained an expression that was cool and calm.
“Just tell me where she is and I’ll leave.” Lindsay’s father demanded.

Lindsay emerged from her seat in the corner. “Dad.” That was the only word she could say before her father knocked her flying with a punch directly to her face. Danny shot up from his seat and caught her before she hit the ground; he held Lindsay around her waist to help steady her. She now had a bleeding lip and was struggling to stand.
“Who are you? Get your hands off my daughter.” Lindsay’s father spat at Danny.
“Her boyfriend, and I’m not going to let her out of my sight; let alone take my hands away from her while you are near her. I love her and I’m not going to let anyone get in the way of that.” Danny replied aggressively.
“Sir, would you please leave my café. You have just assaulted a member of my staff and I will call the police if you don’t leave now.” Said Garnet; interrupting the two arguing men. Lindsay’s father stormed back out again muttering something about revenge.
“Lindsay dear, please, take the rest of the day off.”
“But-”
“I can manage here; besides Stacie is coming in later anyway. Please, go.”

Danny slung his bag over his shoulder and put his arm around the still-limping Lindsay, to support her. They walked out of the café slowly towards Danny’s apartment. “Did you really mean what you said?” Lindsay asked.
“What? About being your boyfriend or not letting anyone get in the way of my love for you? I meant them both.” He smiled at her and she smiled back. For the first time in her life she felt truly loved. Danny leant towards her and softly kissed her cheek. He was sure that he would love Lindsay forever.
Finally, both of them had their dream.