I Can't Make It on My Own

Chapter 14: I dont want to hurt you

After a few more hours of staying in the hospital to make sure I would be okay, I was free to leave and go back home with the Cullens. When we got back I told them I will be in my room to sleep. Jasper seemed a little disappointed for he wanted to spend time with me. As I walk into my room I see outside snow falling again. I sigh plopping onto my fluffy bed with a book. An Anne Rice book that is. Maybe she knew vampires and put a twist to her story to not give them away. Many thoughts start to rush through my brain.

'I could be a vampire right now. Beautiful. Cold skinned. Incredible strength and speed. But no, Jaspser wouldn't allow it. Ever.'

I slam my book shut, hearing fast hushed whispering in the hallway outside my door. The voices I can tell are Edward, Bella and Jasper. Since my human ears are far too "deaf" to understand their fast pace, I lay down, emptying my thoughts and controlling my emotions to pretend I'm sleeping. They stop talking and my door opens right as I close my eyes.

"Edward? Is she asleep?" asks Jaspers sweet voice.

I start to think of how sweet he is till I remember I'm supposed to be sleeping.

'Shit'

"Yes, she is."

They walk out so I open my eyes to see Edward still there. I was about to yell at him but he covers my mouth quickly, picking me up and running outside. He stops once were far away so they wont hear us talking.

"What the hell Edward! It's f-freezing out here!"

My body starts to shake as I glare at him.

He smirks a little before crossing his arms over his chest, "Do you really think you want to become one of us."

My heart skips. I cross my arms too and say with a little bit too much attitude, "Yeah. I'm pretty sure I do."

"Your exactly like your cousin." he sighs out.

I tilt my head confused at what he meant till he looks at me, studying my face, "Your never going to quit either, are you?"

I raise an eyebrow, shaking my head no.

"Just as I thought. Well listen, Candy, Jasper truly does care for you but you've got to understand, he cannot loose his control for your blood. He. Will. Kill. You. Do you understand?"

My jaw stiffens because he's pissing me off, "How bout you listen here Eddy, I trust him. With every ounce of blood running through me. He won't do it."

He's in my face within a split second, his eyes turning dark, "You know nothing of his past! You have no idea what he has done. He's the newest to our family and he's having a very hard time to control his thirst! "

He starts to walk away from me and I swallow down a lump, "He won't tell me his past. no matter how much I bug him."

He looks back at me, "It's not for me to tell you. That's his decision to make sure he doesn't scare you away."

I scoff while throwing my hands into the air, "What do I have to be afraid of? It's just his past!"

He rolls his eyes, "And his past is all he's known till he met Alice and the rest of us."

He stops talking like he hears something till he holds his hand out to me, "Come on, Jaspers wondering where you went."

I put my hand in his to be swung onto his back as he rushes towards the house within seconds. I wobble off him letting a breath out.

"I really need to get used to that."

Edward laughs, "Go inside, he's waiting in the living room."

I nod before making my way into the house and into the living room. I don't see him.

"Jasper?"

Looking around more, behind things and stuff I still don't find him.

Okay, maybe he's in his room.

Skipping up the staircase and down the hall, past my room is his. I knock softly, "Jazz? You in here?"

The door creaks open a bit so I open it the rest of the way. He's standing at one of his windows with his back towards me.

"Close the door."

I listen, closing it behind me. Within a second he's in front of me with his hand on my neck in a tight grip.

I glare at him, "Jasper, what are you doing?"

His eyes glance up at mine, they're pitch black, "I don't want to hurt you."

I try to stay calm while squirming under his strong hands, "Jazz, you won't hurt me. I trust you won't."

His top lip starts to twitch and a low, guttural growl rises from his throat, "You don't know me at all Candy."

"So? Doesn't mean I can't trust you."

He shakily releases my throat, letting me take in a deep breath as his eyes look away from my face, "I'm sorry Candy."

I'm confused as he slowly but quickly leans forward and kisses my lips roughly but lets go within seconds. I open my eyes and he's gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image