I Can't Make It on My Own

Chapter 3: It's a precaution

I let out a nervous chuckle, "Who says I am?"

I feel his lips now moving over the skin on my neckline, "I can sense the change in emotions."

I twitch my head away from him, "Well that's a little awkward." I whisper to myself.

"What is?"

I stare at this, inhuman man before me, "You heard me?"

He nods, gently running his fingers through my hair, "We have great hearing and eyesight. What was it you were thinking was awkward? I'm sorry if I overstepped-"

"No, that was fine."

He smiles brightly, "It was just...so strange. I felt nervous for 5 seconds and then this kind of...relief poured over me."

He continues to smile, "Stupid right?"

He laughs a calming bass note, "That was me."

Confused, I stare into his bright, gold eyes, "What do you mean by that?"

"I can control and change emotion."

My lip twitches as I laugh again, stepping away from him, "That's got to be strange."

"Usually." He grabs my arm quickly, slowly pulling me back towards him, "But not with you."

I start blushing again.

'Is he flirting with me?'

I feel the trees blow against no wind. I start to look around. His fingers are lingering on my chin and shoulder, making me look towards is face.

"I want to do something."

My heart races as he brings his face closer to mine, only to be knocked away in a blur. I gasp, almost falling backwards but landing into Carlisle's arms. I look to Jasper to see Edward and Emmett holding him down by the throat and arms with their teeth bared.

My eyes widen with fear, "What are they doing to him?!"

Carlisle pulls me away from the scene, talking to me in a calm voice, "Jasper is our newest addition to our family. We call ourselves vegetarians. Which are-"

"You feed off animals, not humans. I guess Jasper isn't used to it yet?"

He sighs, "Not quite, he's almost there. We must take the precautions though. So it's nothing against you Candy."

We're now at the house and I'm standing on the steps, looking down at him, "I trust him. It's weird but...I feel as if I've known him forever."

He smiles, "Believe me, I know dear. But we must be safe."

I shrug, "Thanks Carlisle."

He pats my shoulder, walking past me into the house. My gaze looks back towards the opening I was taken from.

'Poor Jasper, it must be hard for him. And no one ever trusting him. I bet he can control himself.'

I shake my head, kicking the side of the house before I walk in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one's a little short. We had snow days Thursday and Friday so I couldn't write if we had no school lol

I made a banner, yipee!
Image