‹ Prequel: I´m trying

How much you mean

Where...?

I arrived at the hospital and went directly to the second floor, to Frank’s room. Once I was in the hallway I found Brian and Frank’s mum. She was crying on Brian’s shoulder.
'NO'
“What happened?" I asked. Brian looked at me.
“Go in.”
I entered very slowly, pushing the door open, I gasped
There it was Dr Emma, taking Frankie's blood pression, and he was awake.
His eyes were open.
I was paralyzed in my spot.
“So, you’re good,” Dr Emma smiled at him, and he smiled back. The tears were rolling freely down my cheeks. His beautiful eyes were fully open, and that smile, that smile I’ve missed so much.
“The neurologist is going to come in a minute, he’ll explain things to you better than I can.”
“Okay,” The sound of his voice came like an angels chorus to my ears. I couldn’t believe it.
A choked sob escaped my lips,
“Frankie,” I was crying freely, but smiling like I hadn’t smiled in a while.
Dr. Emma looked at me smiling, too.
He froze at the sound of my own voice, and turned his head toward me slowly. Our eyes met and I saw a sparkle in his eyes, the beginning of a smile, but suddenly like a storm, his face went dark.
'He had remembered'
My smile disappeared.
He made a sign to the doctor and she approached him.
Frank whispered something into her ear, she just nodded.
“Mr. Iero needs to rest, right now,” she gave me sympathetic look and started to walk towards the door.
“Yeah, sure,” I wiped away the tears. Frank was looking out the window.
“You can visit him later.”
I left the room and the doctor followed me.
I felt the pain of his rejection, even though the happiness from him being awake was almost too much to handle. I left the room with a smile in my face.
She and Brian faced each other. They froze.
“Uhmm… Is he going to be fine?”Brian asked and was suddenly looking at the floor.
“Yeah....” She fixed her hair. "We need to run some tests ...You know, to make sure,” She pressed her folder against her chest.
“Oh... okay” He crossed his arms, and looked at her. Suddenly she blushed.
'What the fuck?'
“Thank you so much for taking care of him” Brian said, with a stupid smile on his face.
'What the... What the fuck is going on?!'
“It's my job” She smiled at him back, and straightened her glasses.
'Did I miss something here?'
“If you excuse me, I have…” She pointed down the hallway.
“Yeah, sure,” He moved out of the way to let her pass. She disappeared very quickly down the hallway. Brian kept staring at her until she was gone.
“What was that?” I demanded. He awakened from some sort of dream.
“What?” He said like he didn’t understand.
“You and the doctor, you’ve been acting strange around her lately,”
“She’s nice.” He said like no big deal.
“What happened to the cold bitch?”
He just shrugged his shoulders and changed the subject,
“The boys will be here soon...”
“Great,”
“So did you talk to him?” He asked suddenly excited.
“Oh... yeah.” I lied.
“I can’t believe he’s finally awake”
“Yeah. Me neither”
“Where is HE?” It was Bob.
“In his room” Brian pointed at the room.
He pushed the door open abruptly, making that some nurses jump in their seats.
“FRANKIE!!!!”
I heard the already characteristic giggle of Frank. I felt the tears again in my eyes.
“Where…" It was Mikey..
“In the room” Brian pointed at the room again and Mikey entered running “Is not obvious that He is in his room” Brian said as he rolled his eyes. I shrugged my shoulders.
“OH MY GOD!!!!” It was Mikey’s voice and again that contagious giggle.
“Hey guys” I heard his voice again. His voice sounded tired but happy. It came to me the last time we make love; he was so tired that fell sleep immediately….
“Did you tell the press?” I tried to concentrate on reality.
“No yet. But I’m going to,” He took a deep breath., “there’s Alicia,”
“Where!!” He came running like crazy.
“In the room.” We both said at the same time “Where else he could be, running the marathon?”
“Excuse me…” A voice from behind.
“In the fucking room!” Brian yelled and we both turned around to see who it was. A doctor was standing there looking at us a little scared.
“Oh sorry,” Brian was suddenly ashamed.

Later we found out that he was the neurologist, named Dr Robert Cameron.
He and Frank parents were in Frankie’s room for about an hour.
Outside, we started to get worried. Jamie and Ray had arrived about a hour ago. Suddenly the door opened and Frank’s parents came out. Mrs. Iero was crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
soryy the wait..
comments!