You Got a Mouth Like a Razor Blade

For Every Notch In Your Bed Post

---Flashback---

My eyes flickered open, the light streaming through a crack in the curtains, making them sting and water.

“Well good morning…did I wear you out last night?” I heard a perfect but stomach wrenching voice say at me. I cringed. I rubbed at my forehead but it only angered my thumping head. The jet black sheet that covered my toasty body, slid gracefully down, the colder air of the room instantly colliding with my naked chest. I gasped and snatched the sheet back up. I bit my lip hard and my eyes started to whizz around in their sockets, frantically searching the room for any kind of clothing…whether it be mine or his. Any would do!

“Clothes?” He mumbled, smirking, a toothbrush dangling from the side of his perfect lips.
Wait! He’s far from perfect!
But good in bed…
Eurgh!
My brain continuously pulled snippets of last night back into clear view and trust me…it’s not pretty.

“You’ll be better trying the floor…” he answered, smirking once again and returning into his brightly bathroom. I heard his soft chuckling from the bathroom making me even more uncomfortable. I leaned over, looking cautiously to see if he could see me but he was too pre-occupied with his hair. I quickly kicked back the sheets and ran aimlessly round the room. I found my skinny jeans and my shirt relatively easy but as any of you will know…underwear is needed before the main articles of clothing can be placed on your body.
After at least 10 minutes of searching I eventually found my underwear, slipping them on, followed by my jeans and my top. I grabbed my hoodie off of the chair, slipping quietly out of the door while he was still taking care of business. I didn’t care what I looked like. I imagined sex hair, panda eyes and the hangover from hell…the only sanctuary being my house was that it was only three streets away and that no-one would be home.

The next two streets, I ran. I couldn’t escape the tears that flew thick and fast down my already stained face. How could I have been so stupid?1 I should have known when he picked me up that something like this would happen. I booted the door mat out the way, grabbing the silver key from under it, in one swift movement, unlocking the door and slamming it shut forcefully behind me. I spun round but stopped abruptly. I lifted the handle up and locked it, leaving the key in the hole. I angrily sprinted round my house, wrenching the curtains shut.
I collapsed in a heap on the floor, more tears making a run for it. I knew he’d be round soon so I had to be quick.

“Autumn?” I heard a quiet voice say. My tears abruptly stopped as my eyes shot up and landed on my brother…well foster brother…Adam. I furiously wiped at my eyes and pulled myself up off of the floor with the help of the couch.

“What do you want?” I spat, plopping on the arm of the couch. I seemed a little shocked at the venom in my voice but quickly recovered.

“There’s no need to be like that…I just wanted to know if you were alright” he said, quietly. I felt a stab of guilt but I still didn’t understand why he had begun to care.

“Sorry…but it’s just…you’ve never cared before so why are you starting now?” I asked, trying to mask the suspicious tone in my voice. He rubbed the back of his neck.

“I have cared! It’s that…if mom and dad knew…they’d kick me out and I have nowhere to go…I’m sorry…” he mumbled. I knew he had nowhere to go and I instantly forgave him. I wrapped my arms round his shoulders and for the first time in my life…I felt liked. I felt I had a family.

“It’s okay…I forgive you but can you promise me something?” He nodded.
“Promise me that when they say stuff to me that you don’t say stuff also…that way I know you mean what you just said” I smiled and he smiled also.

“Deal.”

---Flashback---
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously this is the following flashback from Chapter 3...so if you haven't read Chapter 3...go read it!
Right so...I hope you enjoyed this :) And I don't know how much I have to stress that comments mean the absolute world to me...so please do!

Love,
Death Is A Promise.