You Got a Mouth Like a Razor Blade

About A Girl

“So…am I meant to call you something? I mean other than ‘the girl that looks pretty awesome’?” he smiled while taking another mouthful of coffee. I ran my fingers round the top of my mug as I stared absent-mindedly at the clock, not even realising he had spoken to me.

“Sorry…what?” I asked, slightly embarrassed. He just kept on smiling at me.

“I said, am I meant to call you something? I’ll start!”, he said excitedly, “I’m Oliver. Most call me Oli though, whichever you prefer”

“Nice to meet you, Oliver” I giggled, “and my name’s Autumn”

I never realised that places were open so late but apparently some café’s were still open after midnight. I took another sip of coffee while glancing back at the clock. It’s not as if I needed to be anywhere, I was just obsessed with time. I found it fascinating. But only because with every minute that went by my life usually got worse…now with every second, at the moment at least, it was getting better.

“You gotta be somewhere?” Oliver said from across the table, leaning to be in my line of sight.

“No…sorry. I don’t make very good company…” I mumbled slightly embarrassed, that I was more interested in the café’s clock than him, my hero.

“Nah. I think you make good company” he smiled, winking at me. I felt my cheeks burn and I dipped my head, my hair falling over my face so he couldn’t see the intense redness.

---Time Lapse---

The bell on the café door chimed. I’d been sat talking and drinking coffee with Oliver for at least half an hour when it did.

“So this is where you’ve been, Oli, my friend…” he said, smacking him on the back. My hands tightened round my mug as the rest of the band walked through the tiny café door. Oliver shuffled next to me as the rest of them squeezed round our small table.

“Guys this is Autumn…Autumn meet Matt, Matt again, Lee and Curtis” they all smiled and Curtis waved. I thought before I said anything I better apologise seems as they were all here, it seemed appropriate. I was just having trouble opening my mouth and letting ‘I’m really sorry’ flow out.

“Where’s our coffee’s Oli?” Matt said, playfully slapping his friend round the head.

“I didn’t know you were coming did I, Nicholls?”

“Hey…I’m really sorry” I spilled, my hand flying to the hole in my head where words came out. Well, at least I’d actually said it. They all looked at me.

“About what?” About what? About what?

“Urm…about breaking into your tour bus and causing so much trouble etc, etc…” I said, my mouth hanging open slightly.

“Oh right! I wouldn’t worry about it…that bus has seen worse!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I'd update twice considering the lack of updates for so many months :)
Comments mean the world to me! Again cookies... :)
Death Is A Promise.