Regrets and Romance

Chapter 9

Matt’s Point of View

I was sitting next to Ginny’s bed when the doctor came in and handed me my daughter. She was the most beautiful baby I’d ever seen, she looked just like Ginny but had dark brown hair and my eyes. I couldn’t help but fall in love with the little bundle in my arms. A smile formed on my face and tears spilled from my eyes as I looked down on my baby.

_______________________________________________________________________

When I opened my eyes I was met with bright lights and quickly shut them again. I groaned and tried again, the light was still blinding but my eyes were adjusting. Every part of my body was in pain. I groaned again trying to will it away. As I was lying there I started to hear cooing followed by giggles. I rolled over and found Matt sitting in a chair holding our daughter. The sight brought a smile to my face. He must have heard me move because he looked up and returned the smile.

“Look baby your mommy’s awake.” he says standing up and walking towards me.
“Wanna hold her?”

I nod my head yes and sit up taking our daughter from his arms.
“She’s so beautiful.”

“Just like her mommy.” Matt says kissing my temple.

A doctor came in as we were discussing what to name her.

“I refuse to name her that! We have to name her something she will like, we don’t want her to be like me and hate her name.”

“Well I was going to ask if you two had a name yet but apparently not.” the doctor cuts in.

“No we haven’t cause Matthew here keeps coming up with retarded names!”

“Happens all the time, most young couples can never agree on a name.” the doctor says smiling.

“Ok miss perfect, lets hear your suggestions then.” Matt says glaring.

I roll my eyes at him and look down at our daughter. The truth is I didn’t know what to name her.

“Yeah see, it’s not so easy.” he says crossing his arms.

It was then that I saw that he was wearing a Star Wars shirt and instantly a name came to me.

“We can name her Leia.”I suggest.

He started at me for a minute and then a huge smile appeared on his face. “I love it!”

“So you both agree on Leia?”the doctor asked.

We nod our heads yes.

“Leia...”

“Rene, Leia Rene Good.”

The doctor looked over at Matt who shakes his head yes. Our mothers then came in, both crying. After a lot of cooing and fighting over who got to hold her, it was time for us to go home.

At home ( when I was eight months along I moved in with Matt and his mom) we put Leia in her crib and collapsed on the bed.

“I love you so much Ginny.” Matt tells me pulling me closer to him.

“I love you too Matt, always have, since I first met you.”

He smiled and kissed my forehead then got up. When he came back he was fiddling with something in his hands.

“Ginny there’s something I’ve been wanting to ask you,” he gets down on one knee and grabs my hands in one of his. He took a deep breath. “Will you marry me?” he asked holding up a diamond ring.

I let out a gasp of shock and just stared at him not knowing what to say. He must have taken it the wrong way because he then began to babble.

“I know we haven’t been together long and we’re both pretty young but I’m not saying we have to right away I just....” I cut him off my pressing my lips against his.

“So is that a yes or a nice way of saying no?”

“It’s a yes, I would love to marry you!” I tell him.

A huge smile was on each of our faces as he slid the ring on my finger. He wiped away a tear that was falling down my cheek before pulling me onto a sweet kiss. It started off slow and loving but soon progressed into so much more. Before I knew it he was on top of me on the bed and my hands we pinned above my head. Just as I was taking off his shirt a voice interrupted us.

“You know if you keep this up You’ll have another baby.”Matt’s mom (who I call mom now) said.

“No we won’t, the doctor put me on birth control.” I tell her pushing Matt off me.

“And with good reasons, you two go at it like bunnies.”

Mom!” Matt shouts embarrassed.

“Besides we have a reason to tonight, other then not being able to for the past few months.” I continue on as if they didn’t say anything.

“Oh really, and what would that be?”

“We’re celebrating!”Matt says holding up my hand that has the ring on it.

“Is that a ring? You two are getting married!?” we shake our heads yes and she squeals and jumps on us. Then a cry rang through the room.

“I’ll get her.” I tell them.

I went over and got her then went back over to the bed.

“As happy as I am for you two, don’t you think you’re just a little too young to be getting married?”

“It’s not like we’re running off to Vegas tomorrow, besides I’m only seventeen now which means we have to wait at least a year before we can anyway.” I explain.

“Oh,” she pauses “Well I guess that’s ok then.”

We talk for awhile longer then she went to bed. Matt and I stayed up continuing from where we left off. I fell asleep happy, I had a beautiful baby girl and I was wrapped in the protective arms of my gorgeous fiancee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

So sorry it took me so long to get this up, I've been busy.