Hide & Seek.

Secrets.

“80, 81, 82, 83...” a teenage Brendon Urie counted aloud with a wide grin on his face. His eyes were closed as his small figure leaned against the living room wall. Dressed in a grey t-shirt and bright read boxers, he continued his counting, his bare feet tapping on the floor. “87, 88, 89..”

Deep within his hiding spot, a slightly older and slightly taller Ryan Ross giggled quietly to himself. Brendon would never find him here, he knew that. His hiding spot of choice - an old, quite large dryer in the irregularly large laundry room. This particular dryer was pretty small compared to Ryan’s height, but somehow he managed to fit his tall, thin frame inside. His heart was racing at the slim chance that Brendon would, indeed, find him. That charming smile and flashing brown eyes. Ryan adored Brendon to death, way more than just a normal friend would. He’d never know, though.

“99, 100! Ryro, wherever you are, I will find you!” Brendon said, opening his eyes and beginning his journey to find Ryan. He sang in a low hum to himself, as he peered under the couch, behind the tall shelves.. He even gave a quick peek in the kitchen. But after realizing there was absolutely no place where his older friend could hide there, he soon left for the master bedroom. Under the bed? No. In the closet? No. In a drawer? ..No. Giving a slight sigh, he left that room and made his way down the hall to the bathroom. Checking the tub, the cupboards,the toilet, he ruled that area Ryho-free. All the while, as he climbed the stairs to the second floor, he thought of the quick gasp and soft giggles Ryan would make once he was found. Brendon couldn’t help but smile. Ryan Ross was the most beautiful creature to ever walk the planet. So sweet, and funny.. And talented, too. Brendon loved him more than a thousand Red Bulls on a hot, Las Vegas day. But Ry wasn’t like that. He was straight, while Brendon was alone, as straight as a damn circle.

Ryan heard Brendon climbing the stairs, and his breath caught in his throat. His fingers clamped around his knees as he waited for Brendon to come in, swing the dryer door open, and gently pull him out, all while singing a victory tune. Just the thought of Brendon touching him was enough to send his mind spinning. He gave a slight shiver. Possibly from the fact that he was wearing only a t-shirt and Spiderman pyjama shorts, or was Brendon doing this to him, again?

Brendon reached the top of the stairs, and took a right, which would lead into Ryan’s bedroom. He entered, and saw the blankets on the floor from where he had slept last night. Personally, he would have rather slept in the bed with Ryro, but he figured hey, we all have dreams, right? He looked up from the blankets to Ryan’s acoustic guitar, meters away. He walked up to it, resting in it’s stand, and softly plucked a chord. He then moved on, and the first place he looked was in the closet. Pushing around Ryan’s wide variety of clothes, he found nothing. Out of nowhere, something small and square-ish hit his head. “Gah, son of a…” he cursed, his head stinging a little. He looked around for the object which had obviously fallen from the top shelf of the closet when he had been rummaging around..

Love, love me do. You know, I love you..’ Ryan sang quietly as he heard an object fall to the floor, presumably in his room. What Brendon was doing, he had no idea. He was close, though. Perhaps Bren would find him. He shifted his position, careful not to make any noise, and continued to wait, singing some more Beatles tunes.

Brendon blinked, and stared at the notebook that lay sprawled on the floor. A diary. Diary. He had found Ryan Ross’ most personal affairs! Brendon smiled, curious. He felt as if he had just gained some sort of intense power. Bending down, he picked it up and scanned the page it had opened up on.

May 20th

Dear Diary,

I really think I’ve fallen in love. This feeling’s.. Different, but what else could it be? They’re on my mind all the time, even in my dreams. They inspire me so much. I’ve dedicated poems and songs to them. Whenever I think about this person, I can’t help but smile.
…Is it really worth it, though? They wouldn’t like me, anyway. Not like that. I could just move on.. But I may be in too deep already.


He stopped reading. So Ryan was crushing on someone, eh? But how come he wasn’t clear on it being a girl..? Maybe it wasn’t…

His ear pressed against the cold metal of the dryer, Ryan strained to hear just what the hell was Brendon doing in his room. If this was a trick to get Ryan to come out, it wouldn’t work. Ryan would just have to deal with this cramped space for a few more minutes. He sighed, leaning back and waiting.

That entry had been quite awhile ago. As Brendon flipped through the pages, he scanned the next few months, stopped on September 5th.

Dear Diary,

I’m tired of keeping this a secret! I just want to scream it at the top of my lungs. But I can’t. We’ll both be embarrassed and ridiculed for the rest of our lives. The world can be so cruel sometimes.
I really can’t shake this feeling anymore, and I just have to tell somebody.
Alright, are you listening..?
I, Ryan Ross, am deeply in love with the one, the only -
Brendon Urie.


Smack. He dropped the diary as if it had spontaneously caught fire. It must be a joke. A prank. Ryan must’ve guessed he’d be snooping through his things. But what if it wasn’t? What if he meant it?..

“Shit, shit, shit!” Ryan mumbled, shaking and squirming. Of course, during a game of Hide and Seek, he just had to go pee. Damn how these things work out. He couldn’t hold it any longer. Bursting (with some effort) out of the dryer, Ryan made a dash for the bathroom just outside of his room. He did what he had to do, took a momentarily long breather and washed his hands. With a defeated smile, he opened the door and walked into his bedroom. “Well, Brenny,” he started, “I guess you’ve kinda found.. Me...” He froze mid-step when he saw the diary, his diary, on the floor in front of a zoned-out Brendon. From his position, Ryan knew exactly which entry Brendon had read. Ryan gulped, expecting a verbal abuse to ensue his arrival into the room. But Brendon didn’t move. Ryan, being the hopeful guy that he is, tried to break the silence. “Look, Brendon, what I wrote in there.. Um..” he said, stumbling over his words in a desperate attempt to explain himself. But he couldn’t. He just couldn’t.

That’s when Brendon lifted his head up, eyes normal, mouth closed.. He seemed perfectly all right. He turned his whole body towards Ryan, and what happened next was indescribable. Brendon leapt onto Ryan, pushing him back so that he was pressed against the thin bedroom wall. Their lips met in a rough, needing kiss. Ryan’s eyes were open wide in shock, but soon, he let himself get used to this, and closed his eyes while their lips moved together, tongues dancing. The older boy was overcome with emotions as the younger one put a hand behind his head, keeping their lips together. Brendon was kissing him like he was used to this, though Brendon hadn’t been in one relationship in his entire life so far. I guess you could say it was just meant to be. They were letting their bodies take control, as Ryan’s mind was clouded with so many different thoughts. For a quick moment, they parted. Breathing heavily, his big, beautiful brown eyes meeting Ryan’s, Brendon said, “So, I inspire you, huh?” Ryan just smiled, his two hands on either side of Brendon’s face now, and pulled him back it for another sweet kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stayed up until 12:00 am writing this.. I was bored haha
What do you think? : )