Love Is a Carnival Goldfish

Bright Blue

About an hour later Jack walked me back to the bus, he said it was save me from fan girls but it really on attracted more.
“Great plan Jack!” I said in a sarcastic voice.
“Hey, it was a good plan in theory!” He defended himself.
“Yeah, in theory!” I laughed. “I better go find Jon or he’s gonna have a coronary.”
“Alright,” Jack laughed. “See ya lata baby!” He said and gave me a over-the-top “seductive” wink.
“Yeahhh, see you tonight.” I rolled my eyes. I opened the bus door and closed it behind me with a huge smile on my face.
Surprisingly none of the guys where in the bus yet and I decided to take the opportunity to get changed for later. I went to my bunk and rummaged through my suitcase for a minute or two before pulling out an outfit. I changed in the bathroom, making sure to put my iPhone back in my pocket, and taking plenty of time on fixing my hair, which I put up in a pony tail. I fixed my make-up since it was slightly smudged from the hot day and I happened to look down at my toes and noticed how chipped the nail polish was, and because I wasn’t leaving for ATL’s bus for an hour, I decided to repaint my toes.
I chose a bright blue nail polish; I never really did any normal colours. My collection was all neon or funky colors. About halfway through me painting my first foot Austin and Caleb walked into the bus with big smiles.
“Hey boys,” I greeted them.
“Hey Britt,” Austin and sat next to me on the couch.
“You smell bad.” I said and wrinkled my nose.
“Thanks,” He rolled his eyes.
“It smelled bad in here before us!” Caleb said pointing at the nail polish. “That stuff stinks so bad!”
“Well I don’t mind it…” I said and went back to painting my toes. There done. I smiled and little and wiggled my now bright blue toes.
“That because you’re a girl…” Austin said dramatically and pretended to shudder with horror.
“And you’re a boy!!! With cooties!” I shrieked and ran away from him.
“I don’t have cooties! I’m a manly man!” Austin yelled and “flexed” his muscles.
“Nooo! You have cooties!” I shrieked and pointed at Caleb who smiled mischievously.
“You’re right, I do have cooties!” Caleb laughed wildly.
“Ahhhhhh!!!” I yelled as he chased me out of the bus.
I ran as fast as I could with Caleb close on my heels. Quickly I wove in and out of the buses and around people, someone occasionally yelled at us, but we didn’t care. I was shrieking and laughed and Caleb was yelling and trying not to laugh. Just when I was about to die from exhaustion, I reached All Time Low’s bus, wrenched open the door, and flew inside with Caleb right behind me. I noticed Zack immediately and hide behind him.
“Zack, you have muscles! Save me! Caleb’s trying to give me cooties!” I yelled as Caleb ran onto the bus and hid behind Zack.
“I’m gonna get you!” Caleb yelled, but then saw Zack. “Or maybe not…”
I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him.
“What the fuck is going on!?” Alex asked as he came into the front of the bus.
“Caleb was chasing me…” I said, and then collapsed onto the couch, completely exhausted.
“I was trying to give her cooties.” Caleb explained.
“But considering you could give me a lot worse things…” I pointed at the crotch area of Alex’s pants and everyone laughed, except Alex.
“I do not have STD’s! Why does everyone think I have STD’s!?” Alex pouted and crossed him arms. He looked like he was an upset 5 year old. An upset 5 year old with STD’s that is…
“Aw, sonmuffin! Don’t be upset.” I smiled and hugged him.
“So you’ll hug Alex even if he has STD’s—” Caleb started.
I DO NOT HAVE STD’S!”
“But you run away from me because I have cooties?” He pouted.
“Aw C-Bear, you know I love you.” I smiled at him.
“Do you love me too?” Jack asked coming in.
I blushed a little, “Of coarse Jack!”
Soon the rest of the guys and We The Kings showed up. I was happy to see We The Kings again since I hadn’t seen them in a while. We watched the football (soccer) game with much yelling and throwing of things at the television. I was currently sitting next to Jack on a couch with my legs stretched out across his and we were sharing a bag of BBQ crisps. Jon kept shooting me dirty looks, but I chose to ignore him.
“Hey! How come Jack can eat more then 4 crisps!?” Austin pointed at us with an insulted look on his face.
“Because he’s cooler then you are.” I simply shrugged.
“Don’t forget sexier.” Jack said and flexed his “muscles”.
“Yes, and sexier,” I giggled.
“What’s up with the owl stuff?” Jack asked pointing at my necklace, ring, and earrings.
I laughed a little, “I’ve always just really liked owls, they’re my favorite animal. And for my fifteenth birthday Jon got me these earrings and it just started this whole owl jewelry thing with me. He’s gotten me owl jewelry every birthday since.”
Jack put my hand in his as he looked closer at my owl ring. The feeling of his hand in mine sent little tingles down my spine and my cheeks heated up a little. I smiled as he looked at my ring, his dark eyebrows knit together above his nose.
“When did you get the ring?” He asked looking back at me.
He hadn’t let go of my hand yet and it took me a second to respond, “Uh, last year for my seventeenth.” I smiled; Jack was absentmindedly circling where my ring was with his index finger. I tried to concentrate and not think the impossible thought that Jack Barakat might actually be flirting with me.
“When is your birthday?” Jack asked.
“July 17th.”
“Fuck! That’s only like 2 weeks away!” He said, his mouth hanging open.
“Yeah, the last time I checked it was.” I laughed.
“Hey Barakat! Let go of my sister!” Jonathan yelled over to us and Jack instantly let go of my hand. Instantly it felt colder and I rolled my eyes at Jon.
“You’re a cool chick, Brittany.” Jack smiled at me and I winked at him.
“You’re a cool dude, Jack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like :) Please comment! :)
Oh and check out Ellie's Garrett Nickelsen story!
xoxo
Elle