Status: Completed Story

High School Troubles

First Day

Beep! Beep Beep!

I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock, and removed the pink fluffy sleeping mask from my eyes. I swung my feet out of my white canopy bed and into my fuzzy slippers. "Pookie, wake up! It's my first day!" I said in a sing-song tune as I clapped my hands together. My well-groomed Yorkshire terrier rose her head up at me and let out a small yip. I walked down my house's spiral stairs and went into the kitchen. A buffet of waffles drenched in butter and syrup, an apple, a bowl of cereal, and a glass of orange juice was spread out on our kitchen table. "Thank you, mom." I was an only child, living with only my mother in what some people would have called 'a mansion'.

After breakfast, I headed upstairs to get dressed for my first day of high school. I curled my shoulder-length blond locks, and wore small black hoop earrings. I was the type of person that does things the classy way, and I was even afraid the jeans were too casual. I like to wear fancy blouses and business skirts; it's just the type of person I am. Some people also think I'm snotty because of the house I live in, but I am really a sweet person. I just live more of a proper, well-mannered, good girl life. I am actually so nice sometimes it gets me into situations. I think I just need to learn to put my foot down and stand up for myself sometimes.

I grabbed my backpack and brown bagged lunch and left with my mom to go to school. During car rides, we don't play the radio, unless we listen to classical music. Some people think it's weird, but it is just the way I was raised. I took a deep breath and smiled when I saw my new high school. "Well, mom. This is it," I said, turning my head towards my mother. "Bye, mom!" I leaned over to kiss my mother goodbye, and before I new it, I was entering the doors of my new school. I was actually excited to be there. Despite the people that pushed and stared, I was having a great day.

After I grabbed my schedule and got my locker number, I headed off to my first class: Language Arts, even though I always called it English class. I sat at the front of the room, smiling at all the people that entered the class and giving them my greetings, but they only passed me to go to the back of the room. I seemed out of place with the clothes I wore. Everyone else had ripped skinny jeans and slimming tee shirts with band names or inappropriate sayings on them, along with awkward excuses for tennis shoes. Someone was actually kind enough to sit next to me and offer her hello. She seemed like a nice person, so I started a conversation with her until the teacher, Ms. Firth, came. She seemed kind, though strict. During class, Kassie, the girl that sat next to me, passed me a note. She asked if I wanted to sit with her at lunch, and I accepted.

All morning classes went by fast, due to today was just used to pass out books and introduce everything to us. At lunch, I sat with Kassie. I found out she was a freshman, too, and she had all but 3 classes with me. She black hair with red streaks and many layers, wore heavy black eye make-up, dressed in a punk-rock sort of way, and was actually a pretty good student. We talked about being new to the school, and she gave me a few tips on things like my fashion. Which I told her I wouldn't change it, though, but I don't think she approved.

"Hey, uh, Amelia?" Kassie asked while we walked to our last class of the day.

"Yes?"

"Do you want a nickname? 'Cause Amelia is kinda.. um, how about Mia?"

"Okay, I guess. And, Kassie? It's 'because', and 'kind of'." I smiled awkwardly. "You're grammar." Kassie only rolled her eyes, telling me I was pushing it too much.

"And Mia, tomorrow, wear just a regular tee and jeans. You don't have to dress up." We both smiled, although I felt uncomfortable.

After a somewhat exhausting day, I was home. After talking to my mother about my first day, I headed upstairs to see Pookie and to pick out tomorrow's outfit. This was going to be hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
This might be long, tell me if it is, if it isn't, if you like it, if you don't...if you hate it... tell me!

please give me all critique of yours. i can use all the help i can get!