Status: Completed Story

High School Troubles

Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER . . .

"You better be sure to call me during the summer." Jen hugged me once more. "Or I'm just going to have to hunt you down." We both laughed, standing outside the school doors on a hot June day; the last day of my sophomore year in high school. I noticed that Jen's eyes had an unusual sparkle to them.

"Oh my word, Jen. Are you actually crying?!" She wiped her eyes and playfully laughed. "It's not as if we'll never see each other again."

I heard a nearby car horn blast. We both looked over to the parking lot. There was Jen's mother, sitting anxiously in her car. "Call me tonight?" Jen questioned me while walking towards her own car.

I nodded my head as she waved good-bye to me. I watched her get into her car and leave the school grounds. I was still waiting for my mother to arrive as I took a seat on the steps ascending to the school. Sitting there, I thought about what I had just said to Jen.

'It's not as if we'll never see each other again.'

When I spoke that, something came to mind. Someone, actually. That someone went by the name of Kassie. Now that I think of it, I don't think I ever knew her last name? I hadn't seen her at all since our incident at the mall over a year ago. I doubt she's still even working there. The incident had leaked out around school about a week later. Jen was my only guess.

Since then, I had heard some rumors, each one more drastic and exaggerated than the last: Kassie lost her job, Kassie dropped out of her new school, Kassie's a druggie now, Kassie joined a gang, Kassie's in jail, and I've even heard that she committed suicide... And the list goes on. But most people just believe that she dropped off the face of the earth. That's even what I've come to believe. I haven't heard anything from people who actually knew her or lived by her either. A bit of a relief I guess. It's hard to tell what the truth is anymore.

Jen and I haven't talked at all about it either. But even though we don't talk about it, I know I still haven't forgotten Kassie. I've even wondered if Jen has forgotten her.

I see my mom pull into the school parking lot. I get up from the stairs and begin walking.

I guess what I've learned from this experience is to know who your real friends are. Another thing is that you can't keep living in the past, but instead you need to

Keep moving forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Applause* So, do you think I could've ended this better? Or do you like it this way? Was it a stupid ending? was it a good one? Please, just comment and review!!! :D Silent readers are no fun, you know...

Thanks for reading this story!!!

`kiki` THE END