Status: Back in action!! I am currently writing more chapters, so be on the lookout!

A Little More Personal

She Sure Is Something

"Hey, Mama." I kissed my mother's cheek. "Who's this?"

"Oh, Jay. This is Taresa, Frank and Jenny's daughter."

Long hair, the colour of a deep sunset-red, curled down this Taresa's shoulders, and her bright green eyes sparkled. She flashed a wide smile; I took her outstretched hand.

"Hello. I'm Jay."

"I'm Taresa."

"Um, Reece, would you mind if we stopped by my friend's house? I need to drop in and pay a visit."

"Of course not."

Another quick grin flitted across Taresa's face, and my heart did a kind of dance in my chest.

Oh, boy.

That afternoon, Taresa climbed into the cab of her dad's truck and waited for her father. I leaned against the trunk of my mother's car; Frank's daughter had pulled her hair back into a quick braid, exposing a small heart tattooed beneath her left ear. I bit my tongue as Frank shook hands with my dad.

"Thanks, Frank."

"Anytime."

My mother appeared at the door of the house. "Frank, would you and Jenny - and Taresa, of course - want to come over for dinner tomorrow night?"

"I'll have Jenny give you a call."

"You do that."

I lifted a hand in a wave while my dad's friend reversed out of our driveway. Taresa wiggld her fingers back; Dad chuckled.

"She sure is something, ain't she?"

"Yeah." I cleared my throat. "She is."