Status: Back in action!! I am currently writing more chapters, so be on the lookout!

A Little More Personal

Sometimes Good-Bye Is A Second Chance

She had her head resting against the window, her legs curled up on the seat, and her body covered by her thin jacket. She was asleep. I sighed and turned on the radio, adjusting the volume so it wouldn't wake her up. I had been driving for eight hours, and we still weren't there. I noticed the road sign that said we were only twenty miles away from the capital.

"Reece, sweetie, you need to wake up. I don't know where we're going."

"Where are we?"

"Twenty miles."

She stretched and yawned. "Um, there should be a side dirt road - right there. Head down that."

She sat awake and gave me directions. Finally, I parked outside a tiny pale blue house. She took a deep breath and stared at the lights shining from the windows.

"Want me to come with you?" I questioned quietly.

"Please?"

"Of course."

I got out of the truck first, headed to her side, and held open the door for her. She clutched my hand gently, tightly, in her own as she knocked on the front door. We waited for almost five minutes until a man opened the door.

"Taresa!"

"Move aside, John. I'm here to get my stuff."

"Um, it's all packed in the garage."

"Then you won't mind if I check the house for anything else of mine?"

"Of course not."

I followed Reece into the house and trailed behind her as she searched for whatever may belong to her. She apparently found nothing, for she stopped at the front door.

"Open the garage."

Silently, we loaded the boxes into the truck. She faced her ex-fiance once that task was finished. A small silver band fell into his open hand; she brushed a tear from her cheek. I wanted to hold her when she whispered, choking,

"Good-bye, John."