Status: Back in action!! I am currently writing more chapters, so be on the lookout!

A Little More Personal

More Secrets Revealed

My mind raced as I struggled to find a valid excuse to give. Taresa's green eyes were narrow; suspicion darkened the irises. I bit my lip and decided the truth was best.

"Please don't get mad, Reece."

"Oh, no. Oh. Hell. No. You are not about to tell me what I think you are."

"Maybe. I'm . . . I'm Jack Hoff. From TrueLove.com."

She froze, her face a mask of shock, puzzlement, and - ultimately; of course - anger. "You? I've been talking to you this whole damn time? How long have you known? Oh, my God. This is what you couldn't tell me?"

"Yes. Reece, I'm so sorry. Please believe me; I wanted to tell you sooner."

"This is just great. I'm leaving."

"Reece---"

She stopped in the doorway."By the way, I don't care if you can't be there all the time. You're not a loser. You're the best I've ever found. Bye, Jackson."

Only a few seconds later, the front door slammed, and the sound of a motor reached my ears. I dropped my head into my hands, groaning in frustration. The image of Taresa's face was burned into my brain. Hindsight showed she had been hurt as well. I walked to the kitchen and found a clean glass. After filling it with water, I went to head toward my room, but the sight of the family contact book stopped me. Frank & Jenny Barton. I grabbed the book and phone, and went to my room.

I jerked awake and stared around sleepily. I closed my eyes, hoping to fall back asleep, yet the phone was ringing. I sighed and answered it with an abrupt "Hello?"

"Jay?"

"Taresa?"

"Yeah. Um, sorry if this is too late---"

I glanced at the clock. 9:37 p.m.

"---but, well, I need to talk - or rather, apologise - to you."

"There's nothing to be sorry for."

"Can I come over?"

"How about I come over there? I can hear your parents in my living room."

"Alright. You know where I live, right?"

"Yeah. I'll be there soon."

I pulled on a clean T-shirt and ran a hand over my face. With a quick sigh, I carried the phone and contact book to the kitchen. The adults all looked up.

"Where are you going, Jay? It's almost ten o'clock."

"I'm, um, going to hang out with a friend."

"Is it Taresa?"

I blushed slightly at my father's question. "I'll be back later."

Taresa let me in with a small hopeful - yet ashamed - smile on her face. I followed her to her bedroom; she sat at the end of the bed.

"Jay, I'm sorry for flipping out on you. I shouldn't have done that. You had your reasons for not telling me. Please don't hate me."

I sat beside her and placed a finger under her chin, lifting her face so she was looking at me. "Reece, I don't hate you. I swear it. I should've told you sooner."

"It would've been nice." She bit her bottom lip. "Are you honestly not mad?"

"Of course not. Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"Would you be mad if I kissed you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
voila! another chapter, done!!! finito!!! if there's any typos, I blame my frozen fingerrrrrrs