Status: Back in action!! I am currently writing more chapters, so be on the lookout!

A Little More Personal

News

I sat in the arm chair in front of the desk and pondered. Should I message this Taresa Barton chick, or should I just leave it be? After all, I wasn't serious about this. My decision came when I saw she was online.

To: Taresa Barton
From: Jack Hoff
Subject: Uh...Hi.

I'm Jack - obviously :) You're new to this site, but...god, I sound like an idiot. My friends would be teasing and laughing at me if they could read this. Anyway...

How are you?


I clicked the send button and rested my feet on the table. I opened my e-mail account and replied to my messages there. My mother's took the longest: She asked about every minute detail about my life. Finally, I checked my inbox on truelove.com.

To: Jack Hoff
From: Taresa Barton
Subject: Um...Hi.

Hi, Jack. You did sound like an idiot, but that's okay. Yeah. My friend told me to make one of these so I'd quit dating losers :) She's pushy, but my best friend, anyhow.

I am doing okay. I could be better. Long story.
And how are you?
-Reece.


"Reece."

"Yo, open the door."

I rolled my eyes and set my laptop on the table. My three best friends stood there once I did as they said. First, Ashely entered, then Rob, then Kellan.

"Truelove.com?" Ash questioned, one eyebrow raised.

"Hey, you're the ones who dared me to make an account."

"Well, I didn't expect you to really find someone."

"I didn't find Taresa."

"Jay---"

"Ashely, drop it," Rob commanded gently. "Actually, my sister's going to be coming for a visit in a few days."

"Cool."

"So. . . no hitting on her."

"I won't. I'm not interested in jail-bait."

"Good."

Rob's face relaxed as he sat on the bed. Ashley and Kellan both found spots on the floor; I rolled my eyes.

"You guys aren't leaving, are you?"