Status: Back in action!! I am currently writing more chapters, so be on the lookout!

A Little More Personal

Explanations

The rest of the day was spent helping Jamie clean, watching over Clarissa and Kyle, cooking dinner so my friend could spend time with her family, and then cleaning up the kitchen and dining room. I stood at the large sink, washing the dishes, listening to the others in the living room as they talked about their days. Even though I knew it was impossible, I wished John and I were that close, that loving. I sighed and drained the water from the basin; the table had already been wiped down, but I ran the light-green sponge over it again. Jamie's voice stopped before continuing.

"Reece, what are you doing?"

"Finishing up the dishes."

"Come join us. We're getting ready to watch a movie."

"I think I'll pass. If it's alright with you, I'd like to check my e-mails again before I go to bed."

"Of course. The guest room is ready for you."

"Is Aunt Taresa living here now?" Kyle questioned.

"No. She's just staying for a few days."

"Oh. Okay. She can sleep in my room if she wants."

"Thank you, Kyle, but that won't be necessary."

I turned off the kitchen lights and headed down the dark hallway to the den. I had no idea why they had a TV in both the den and family room, but who was I to question it? I was only a visitor.

To: Taresa Barton
From: Jack Hoff
Subject: RE:Uh...Hi.

Not trying to be mean, but do you date losers often? Because, with the way you worded your last message, it makes me think you have.
I'm sorry. I have time to listen to long stories. I hope things get better for you :)
P.S. I like your name. "Reece"...it's catchy.


I laughed quietly and decided I'd respond after I saw who my newest matches were. A Mr. Bryan Thompson and Mr. John Shelton. My jaw dropped; I was stunned. How dare he? Instead of messaging him, I typed out a reply to Jack Hoff.

Actually, yeah. I do date losers. I seem to be a magnet for them. I think the best relationship I've ever had was in middle school, when boys had some sense of morality...But oh, well
Well, the long story is that currently I'm in the middle of a super-messy break-up...sort of. What I mean is, last night my fiance and I got into a fight because it was our fifth anniversary and he came home really late. Not half an hour, but TWO HOURS. I got mad because I realised that he's been doing this since we got together - forgetting our anniversaries, not doing anything for me, forgetting things that are important to me - and I've been letting him do it all along. So I came to my friend's house. I'm driving back to tell him we're done, grab my stuff, then go to my parent's house. I don't want to be with him anymore.
Anyway, enough about me....What's your story?
-Reece