When you blink do you only find the misery weighs down your eyes?

Chapter One.

Cieran's POV
I was sitting on the couch with an ice-pack on my left eye. Mike had hit me. Again. Mike was my father but to me, he was not a father at all. So I called him Mike. He was just some stupid drug addict who got violent when he got high. I started crying but the pain in my left eye was so severe, tears could only pour from the right one. Everyone at school would get suspcious. Again. They would send me to the guidence office and they would ask me questions. I would never respond. Mike told me if I told anyone he hit me, I'd be beaten even more harshly. I never wanted that. I always kept quiet. The only person who knows is Shay. Shay is an angel. His ocean colored eyes, his pure blonde hair, his smile. Oh, his smile always made me melt. Not only was he my crush, he was my best friend. My lifeline, my therapist, my everything. He's everything I've wanted to be. He comes from a nice home, he's handsome, smart, funny, and nearly everyone loves him. I'm the opposite. I come from a meth lab, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and wear glasses, I have some ESE classes, I'm super shy, and everyone calls me a faggot. I wish I could tell him how I felt. If only. I slowly removed the ice pack from my eye and went up the the cracked mirror in the bathroom. He left a mark all right. I tryed to put my glasses back on but my eye still hurt. So I decided to leave them off. I went to my room and blasted my stereo with my favorite band AFI. The words were running through my head.

If you can't stand upon the earth then I will see you on the other side.
When you blink do you only find the misery weighs down your eyes?
Then take my hand and sleep with me.

Look what you've done to me now,
You've made me perfect.
Look what you've done to me now.


I could hear my cell phone ring. I picked it up and looked at the name.

Shay

I smiled as I answered it.

"Hello?"
"Hey Cieran, It's Shay"
"Hey Shay"
"What's New"
"Not Much. You?"

I turned down the music and listened to his lovely voice.