When you blink do you only find the misery weighs down your eyes?

Chapter Eighteen

The next day
Cieran's POV
Ring, Ring
I heard my alarm clock ring. Damn. I woke up and stretched and saw my arms and nearly jumped out of my skin.
I cut myself again last night
I wanted to stop. But I didn't. I tried to get help, help wasn't there. I was a failure. A good-for-nothing failure. I pushed myself to get dressed. Let's see- faded jeans, Styx shirt (a/n... I'm listening to Renegade right now :-D) and my pink Vans slip-ons. I was fiddling around with my hair. I guess it looked okay. I put my glasses on, grabbed my bag, and walked out the door. I saw Shay by the palm tree and I glared at him.
"What the hell do you want."
He was hyperventilating. "Hey I'm so sorry I missed your call last night I was watching TV and Sean told me my phone was ringing but I didn't think so and I check it at like 11 o'clock and it was a call from you and I'm like Oh shit and and and and and......" (a/n Yes there is tons of grammatical errors there but its suppose to be like that. I want to emphasize his fast speaking)
"Well, Shay, It was kind of important." I showed him my arms. The look in his eyes said everything.
"Cieran.... No. No."
"Yes. Shay. Yes."
His eyes were still very wide. "Why?"
I looked down at my pink shoes. "My dad found out about.... us."
"Oh..." he sighed.
"Yeah."
He looked directly into my eyes. I hate when he did that because my heart always melted. If looks could kill....
"I love you."
I breathed. "I..Love..You...Too."
He kissed me. All was forgiven. We began to walk to school and were halfway and all of a sudden he said. "Promise me you won't cut again? It hurts me more so than it hurts you when you do that."
I looked at him. I don't know if I could promise that. But what the hell. "Yes. Shay. I promised." He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me passionatly.