When you blink do you only find the misery weighs down your eyes?

Chapter Twenty

Cieran's POV
A few days later
A day or two ago, DCF (a/n The Department of Children and Familes. They deal with domestic disputes and anything to do with children) came to my house. The lady was kind of shocked. She saw my dad smoking crack, my mom passed out, and tons of paraphinelia everywhere. I wonder what's going to happen. I was sitting in Math class when an office runner came in and gave the teacher a note.
"Mr. Way, please come here."
I came up to the teacher and she handed me the note.
"You should probably take your stuff."
The note said go to guidence. So I got my stuff and went. I got to the guidence office and sat in the chair in front of the guidence consulor, Mrs. Smith.
"Cieran," she said. "I've got some... news for you."
I nodded my head. "You're going to be taken away from you parents. We are placing you in a foster home until another family member decides to take you in."
My face dropped. What If I don't get to see Shay? Most of my familly lives in Massachusetts!!!!!
"It's okay Cieran. We're going to take you to the new foster home so you can meet your temporary family."
I sighed. Mrs. Smith took me to the parking lot and the social worker took me in her car to my new "home." Contrary to what I thought, It was still close to Shay's house. It was small, but nice and I walked in and found an older woman and an older man. Maybe about 50. All my stuff was there as well.
"Cieran, this is Mr. and Mrs. Coast. They have 4 other foster children. Jessy, Lily, Jack, and Miguel."
Mr. and Mrs. Coast took me to my room. "You'll be sharing this room with Miguel. He's 12 and a very nice boy. I know you'll probably not be staying here long but just make yourself at home."
"Thank you, Mrs. Coast." I smiled.
"Oh you can just call me Coleen." she said.
"Oh thank you, Coleen."
I grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and called Shay.