When you blink do you only find the misery weighs down your eyes?

Chapter Twenty-One

Shay's POV
I felt so sad today. Cieran basically disappeared out of nowhere. He wasn't at school, he didn't walk with me home, and he wasn't at his house. Actually, no one was at his house. I lie there on my bed, drowning in my sadness. My phone suddenly rang and the name flashed "Cieran."
"FINALLY!"
"Hello Shay?"
"Hey baby."
"Um.. I've got a lot to tell you."
"Sure as hell you do."
He sighed. "They took me away from my parents and placed me in a foster home."
My heart sunk. "A foster home? How long will you be there?"
"I... I don't know. The people are really nice. It's located not to far from you. 623 Cherry Street. I'll probably live with my grandparents.... In Massachustts."
My heart stopped beating. "Massachusetts? WE LIVING IN GOD DAMN FLORIDA!! MASSACHUSETTS IS UP NORTH!!!! FAR UP NORTH!"
I could hear him start to cry. "I know. I don't want to go. I'll miss you so much."
No. This can't be real. This must be imaginary. How the hell can we mantain a relationship so many states away?
"Shay, are you there?"
"This can't be happening."
"Well, It is. Tomorrow we need to talk about our relationship."
Holy hell, he better not be breaking up with me.
"No. No. No."
"Shay. I love you so freaking much. I.. I want to be with you forever. I want to marry you. You're the one. I just KNOW IT."
"Cieran... Cieran. I love you too. I don't want you to leave me. I want you forever."
His tears became worse. "I... I've got to go eat dinner. I love you, princess. Blows you a kiss."
"Blows a thousand kisses right back. Bye."
"Bye."
I threw my phone against my wall and huddled in a corner and began crying. My whole world is crashing right below my feet. Why the hell must this happen to me? WHY?
"Shay..."
My brother walked in. I probably look like an absolute wreck.
"Hey.. What's wrong?"
I stammered. "He's leaving me... He's going to Massachusetts. He's going to live with his grandparents. They took him away from his parents. HE MIGHT LEAVE ME FOREVER!!!!"
Sean put his hand around me. "Shay. You're overreacting. You're only 13. Your going to have many more boyfriends and girffriends after Cieran."
"No. He's the one."
"Isn't that what I said about my ex girlfriend Amy?"
"Yeah.. but."
"But what?"
"I DON'T KNOW!! I JUST KNOW THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT US THATS DIFFERENT. TRUE LOVE ISN'T A THING IN STORIES. IT'S REAL."
"Shay... Shay, you just have to take things as they come. Maybe if you two are apart you'll learn more about yourselves."
I didn't respond.
"Look, life goes on. Just like that song says."
"I hate that song."
He laughed and gave me a huge hug.
"Don't do anything drastic? Okay?"
"K."
I lie on my bed and fell asleep.