Behind Closed Doors

If I Never See Your Face Again

Alex, Nate, Ryland, and Victoria decided to take Gabe out to one of the bars in order to try to get his mind off of Delia. She still hadn’t forgiven him, and it was starting to get to him. However, unlike when he was with William, they were going to make sure he didn’t get too drunk and do something stupid.

“Here you go,” Nate said handing Gabe another drink. It was only his second of the night, and they had been there for a couple of hours. Gabe had refused to drink more, knowing firsthand what it would do to him.

“Thanks,” he said grabbing the glass out of his hand.

“Gabe, seriously, we brought you here to get your mind off of Delia for just a little bit,” Victoria told him. “I promise, I won’t let you do anything stupid, but will you please loosen up just a bit?”

“Sorry, Vicky,” he apologized.

“Oh, shit,” Alex cursed as he looked toward the door.

“What?” Gabe asked him as he turned around to see what Alex was looking at. He knew immediately why Alex was so upset. Walking through the door was none other than Roxanna. She noticed Gabe immediately and began walking towards him.

“Gabe, hey, how are you?” she asked when she reached his table. She pulled an extra chair from the table next to them and sat it down right next to Gabe.

“What are you doing here, Roxanna?” Gabe asked.

“Same thing as you. I’m here to let loose. Find someone to go home with,” she said as she placed her hand on his leg.

“Roxanna, stop it,” he said as he took her hand and removed it from his leg.

“Oh, come on, Gabe. We had a good time last time,” she whispered in his ear.

“We were both completely trashed.”

“You may have been, but I wasn’t,” she told him. Gabe looked at her. “I was completely sober. I hadn’t had one drink.”

“What?” Gabe asked. “You were sober?”

“One hundred percent,” she admitted. “And believe me, it was good. Probably the best I’ve had.”

“Why the hell would you do that? You knew that I was wasted, and I wasn't thinking right. Why the hell would you do that to your sister?” Gabe asked, his anger rising rapidly.

“Oh, come on Gabe! I told Delia not to trust you. I told her not to get involved with you. I did pretty much everything I could to not get her to date you.”

“Why?” Gabe asked.

“Seriously?” Roxanna asked, and Gabe nodded. “The only reason why I had you go out with her in the first place was to eventually get to you. It wasn’t for the press. I could have spun that around quickly. No, I wanted you to date someone that you would never be interested in. That way, you’d see how much you wanted me.”

“I could never want you,” Gabe said through his teeth.

“Oh, really? You weren’t saying that the other night.”

“I was drunk,” Gabe told her. “Listen, I love Delia, and you’re nothing compared to her.”

“Delia will never be enough for you. She’ll never compare to me,” Roxanna said arrogantly as she once again placed her hand on his leg.

“Get the hell away from me Roxanna! Get the hell out of my life. I never want to see your face again! You fucked up the one good thing in my life: Delia!” Gabe yelled at her.

“Gabe, I think you’re forgetting something. I’m you PR person. You can’t get me out of your life.”

“You wanna bet?” Gabe asked. “You’re fired.”

“You can’t fire me!” Roxanna yelled at him.

“We’ll see about that. When you go to work Monday morning, see if I’m still one of your clients,” Gabe told her. “Now, get the hell away from me!”

“You better believe this isn’t over!” Roxanna told him. “You’re never going to be happy with Delia!” she yelled as she left the bar.

“Nice going, man!” Ryland said as soon as Roxanna left.

“You should have seen her face,” Victoria added, laughing.

“Yeah,” Gabe said. “But I have a feeling that she’s not going to let this go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short! But please leave me some feedback anyways :)