Behind Closed Doors

The Truth

As she sat in her car, she couldn’t believe Madison had talked her into going back over to Gabe’s to talk to him. She still didn’t believe him and thought that he was trying to save his own ass by blaming Roxanna, but Madison had seemed so sure of Gabe. So, here she was, about ready to back up to her ex-boyfriend’s apartment for the second time tonight.

As she reached his apartment, she brought her hand up ready to knock when, all of a sudden, she heard voices coming from the inside. She recognized one of them as Gabe’s and was ready to turn around until she heard the other voice. It was clearly Roxanna’s. Instead of leaving she decided to stay and listen to what they were saying.

Inside his apartment, Gabe couldn’t believe that Roxanna had had the nerve to come over to his apartment. “Roxanna, will you please just leave?” Gabe asked, trying to get her out of his apartment.

“Come on, Gabe, you know you want this,” she said as she rubbed her hands up and down his chest.

“No, Roxanna, I don’t,” he said removing her hands from him. “I didn’t want it the first time, and I don’t want it now.”

“Come on, Gabe. What do you see in Delia? Huh? What does she have that I don’t have?” Roxanna asked him as she sat down on his couch.

“What do I see in Delia? She’s amazing. She’s everything I could ever ask for. I love her,” he told her.

“You love her?” Roxanna questioned. “Then why did you sleep with me?”

“Because I thought you were Delia,” Gabe told her.

“Yeah, I know,” Roxanna muttered under her breath, but Gabe had heard her.

“You know?”

“Yes, Gabe, I know!” Roxanna cried. “You called me Delia all night!”

“Why the hell did you go along with it then? You knew I was completely trashed, and you were sober. Why didn’t you stop me and tell me that you weren’t Delia?” Gabe asked, outraged.

“Didn’t you hear me before?” Roxanna asked. “It was my plan all along to get you into bed with me. That is the only reason I ever told you to go out with Delia. Do you honestly think I would have told the two of you to go out if I thought you’d fall for her? No. I wanted you!”

“I don’t want you,” Gabe said slowly, as if he was trying to get her to understand. “I love Delia, not you.”

“Yeah, well after my talk with her, I’m pretty sure she’s never going to love you,” Roxanna said with a smirk.

“What did you say to her?” Gabe asked.

“Oh, nothing much. I just told her that I was completely trashed the night that we slept together, that I had no idea what I was doing. And then I said that I didn’t think you were as drunk. And believe me, she bought every single word of it. She ate it up. So, now she hates you,” Roxanna said with a smile.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Gabe yelled at her.

“Yeah, what the hell is wrong with you?” Gabe heard a familiar voice coming from behind him. He spun around to see Delia coming through the front door looking as if she was ready to kill someone.

“Del!” Roxanna cried, shocked that she was there. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, you know, I just came back to talk to Gabe again, but then I heard you two talking,” she said calmly. “How the hell could you do that to me?”

“Delia, I’m sorry,” Roxanna apologized.

“No, you’re not,” Delia screamed. “You’re not sorry. All you care about is yourself. I can’t believe you did that!”

“Roxanna, I think you should go,” Gabe told her.

“Okay,” she told him. “I’m sorry, Delia.”

“Wait!” Delia called right before she reached the door.

“Yeah?” Roxanna asked, turning back around.

“Stay the fuck out of my life,” Delia told her before she slapped her as hard as she could across her left cheek. “Now, get out!”

“Nice, Delia,” Gabe smiled at her after Roxanna had left.

“I’m sorry,” she told Gabe.

“What? Why are you sorry? You didn’t do anything wrong. I did,” Gabe said.

“I’m sorry for not believing you, for believing Roxanna over you.”

“It’s okay,” Gabe told her. “I understand. She’s your sister.”

“Yeah, the sister who used me to get to you, and then slept with you even though she was completely sober and knew what she was doing,” Delia said.

“Delia, I’m sorry,” Gabe apologized.

“Gabe, I forgive you,” Delia said looking up at him.

“You do?” Gabe asked.

“Yes, but I swear if you ever do anything like that to me again, I promise you I really will castrate you,” she told him.

“That sounds fair,” Gabe smiled. “Wait, you said again. Are you saying you want to get back together?” Gabe asked hopefully.

“Yes,” Delia said smiling. “I love you Gabe.”

“I love you, too,” he said leaning down and kissing her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll have the last chapter up tomorrow night!
Let me know what you think :)