Status: In the process of being rewritten, retitled, and revamped.

Could've Said It Back to You

Close

Zalistie

My fear paralyzed me. No, no, this couldn’t be happening! Chris couldn’t have found me! He couldn’t have crashed the bus, he couldn’t have, he couldn’t have, he couldn’t!

But there he was, smirking at me. I’d seen a lot of smirks these past few days, on the faces of the band members, but none were as frightening as Chris’s.

“Hello, Zalistie,” he said, an edge of malice in his voice.

I gulped.

“That was quite a trick you pulled. Escaping on a tour bus. Most people wouldn’t think to do that. You must be quite something special. And I would realize that, if you’d take me back,” Chris said, walking closer to me.

I tried to crush myself against the wall. Anything to put distance between us.

“But since you clearly won’t, I guess I’ll have to settle for less,” Chris said, and he crouched down. I stared as he crawled to my lap.

“Now you give me what I want,” he breathed into my ear.

I gulped. Would he dare…?

“Zalistie!” called a voice to my left.

Chris and I looked up at Mike Finucane, the Empty Crush drummer.
“The hell?” Mike exclaimed. “Who’s that?”

“None of your business,” Chris hissed, and he turned back to me. “Now, let’s continue.”

“Get off her!” Mike said. My eyes were locked on Chris, but I could swear I saw Mike take a step forward.

“It’s what she deserves,” Chris said.

I pried my gaze from Chris and saw Mike leaving the room.

“Mike!”

“At least someone here is smart,” Chris said, smiling.

Now this wasn’t good. Chris was going to…

I stopped myself. I wouldn’t think about it. Maybe then I could forget all about it after the crime was committed…

I felt his hand in my pants and knew it wouldn’t change anything. How could this happen to me? What had I done?

I was too scared to move. I felt his hands touching me in places I’d never wanted him to touch. His expression scared me, too, a mixture of triumph and pleasure. And all I could think about, while staring into his face, was, Why me?

He picked me up and laid me on the ground. Before I had a chance to move, he was on me again. I barely felt the shards of glass digging into my back. All that I could see was what Chris was doing. How could I do anything else?

He kissed me roughly, and I felt shivers on my skin. I sure as hell wasn’t enjoying it.
I could see that he recognized the fear on my face, and his movements became harder, and he hurt me more. I couldn't stop his assault. He wasn’t starting yet, he was preparing himself. It had been too much to hope that Mike would do anything. I supposed that I’d get my very first rape today…

And I heard a door open, and I saw four of the guys lift Chris off me, despite his struggling, and all I could do was pull up my pants.

Then it hit me. The Mikes, Cody, and Austin had just saved my sorry ass from Chris by pulling him off me. But I was still in shock, so I couldn’t do a thing about it.

“The hell? What happened to Tamea?” said Jon from the doorway. I barely paid him any attention. Still in shock, I could only think one immediate thought at a time.

Austin crouched down beside me. “Zalistie? Are you all right?”

Phil joined him. I couldn’t remember how to speak. I couldn’t believe what had almost happened to me.

I heard a loud noise, and I heard something break from behind Austin and Phil.

“Excuse me, but is everyone all right?” asked a voice.

The emergency respondents had come, and I couldn’t help but resent them for not coming sooner.
♠ ♠ ♠
I never liked this chapter. I like it more now, but it's still not my best work. Although Chris is beginning to remind me of Sylar from Heroes, especially with the "now you give me what I want" line. I think this ends the shortness epidemic…comment, please?