Strawberries

Sandwich Making, Drunken Kissing

I was right. The next time I see you, you're all dressed up in a fancy colored shirt and your hair gelled up, getting ready to leave.

After a long day of rehearsing, I'm really tired but we got a couple scenes filmed so we had a very successful day. I walk into the room as you are getting ready for your date tonight. I sigh as I realize that I will be spending yet another night alone. But it doesn't bother me much. I'm used to you deserting me. I know it's nothing personal.

I walk right past the bathroom you're standing in and head to the kitchen, pulling the bread down from on top of the refrigerator. I open the aforementioned fridge, peering inside and I take out the jar of jelly. You stride into the kitchen, but I don't bother to turn around to look at you until I'm finished spreading the jelly onto the bread.

You do an arrogant twirl and flounce over to where I'm standing, snatching the bread out from under my hands and you shove it in your mouth. You thank me for the sandwich I didn't make you. I say nothing. I wouldn't want to make you late for your date, would I?

So I spend a good portion of the night watching late-night television and chowing down on leftovers in the fridge. You didn't think to leave me dinner. I'm about to give up on you coming home tonight. It's one AM and you're not back, so I decide you won't be home until tomorrow. But just as I'm getting off the couch, the light from your headlamps shines through the window and I hear your car engine in the driveway.

I'm half standing up off the couch, holding the remote, and I don't move as I hear the garage door open and you making a lot of noise outside. Are you drunk? I don't doubt it.

The garage door opens and you walk into the house, gazing around. You don't seem to notice me in midstance, standing over the couch. I straighten up and walk past you. You stop me and greet me. I turn around and face you, saying hello with a warm smile. You look at me with an odd look in your eye and pull me close to you, pushing your lips onto mine. I can taste the beer in your mouth and smell it on you.

The kiss only lasts a few moments before you break it. I bite my tongue and attempt to lick the taste of the beer off my lips and swallow it. You kind of grin at me and walk up the stairs, to your room.
♠ ♠ ♠
No comments = No chapters.
I mean it.

Please, review?