Oxford Comma,

Simple Enough.

"Hello?" I asked shyly. I was all giddy considering Joshua has just called me.

"Twylor? We need to talk." He said seriously. Oh oh. I think I'm in trouble. I mean, aren't those words something that a girl should say? Or a guy who wants to break up with a girl? 'Does he want to break up with me? Did I do something? Did I say something? I shouldn't have answered so eagerly, maybe I freaked him out.' I thought scared.

I sighed and listened on "Meet me in the park at 4." And with saying exactly that, he hung up. Not chatty now, are we? Well, I think I might have a teeny, tiny chance to get back with him. I guess.

"Hey, Twy? Was that Joshua?" Brianne asked me coming out. She was holding two coffees and dressed in her Hello Kitty pajamas. It truly was a sight to see.

"Yup. He said he'll meet me in the park this afternoon. Why?" I asked her giggling. I knew she would hop all around happily like the little alien she convinced me she was.

"Well, Jacques just called. He said he's coming over."

"Oh cool." I was suspicious. She was holding something back from me, and I knew it. There was just something off about her today. Sure, she was happy and skipping and her old self, but it just didn't come off as natural. I decided I should leave it at exactly that: a suspicion. I knew that if I asked her about it, she'd either deny it or change the subject completely. Frankly, I didn't feel like having any awkwardness going on between us.

I started playing with my skirt and waited for Jacques to come already. 'Why is it taking him this long?'. I started prancing around, and then finally put on my heels. I walked out of the house, into the alleyway. Pretty soon, Brianne joined me.

"Excited?" She asked.

"Very."

Finally, his car pulled up. Not mentioning the fact that he almost ran over us and he had on the expression of a psychopath everything seemed okay. Um, I guess. He got out of his car and went and hugged Brianne tightly. Something he never did in public. He then proceeded telling her how much he loved her and how he would always remain faithful to her. It was cute, yes, but this just didn't come out of nowhere.

"What's wrong?" I asked Jacques. My voice quivering, I started walking towards him. I stopped after two steps were made and looked at him. He looked everywhere, except at me. He avoided my eyes at the cost of his life.

"Uh, it went alright, I suppose. You should meet with him. Got a lot to catch up on." He told me, looking at my house's rooftop. He didn't say anything wrong, just the way he said it seemed like he was hiding something from me.

"Hey, Jacques?" I asked him shyly. I didn't know how to say this, but I would sure try.

"Yes?" He said finally looking at me.

"You would tell me if something was wrong right?" I just wanted to be sure.

Just when I said that, it seemed like something broke inside him. His eyes soon dropped and he lowered his head. Why? I don't know. But I had a feeling I would find out later.

"Yes." He told me looking away. "Now excuse me, but I have to go. Say goodbye Brianne."

"What? Why?" Brianne asked saddened. She seemed like a 6-year old who was just told that there was no Santa.

"Just..let's go. I'll explain it to you later." After he said that, she stubbornly shaked her head.

"Go, Bri. I'll talk to you later. And thank you, Jacques. You've been more of a friend to me that I would have ever thought. Thank you." I said hugging him.

He stiffly hugged me back while mumbling a "Sure." then took Bri and drove away. In her pj's, yes, I know.I glanced at my clock; 3:15. I should get going if I want to make it in time.

I then received a text from Bri. It simply read:

'I slept with him. I'm sorry.'

What?!
♠ ♠ ♠
PEOPLE! SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS.

I NEED YOUR OPINION ON SOMETHING.

SEQUEL OR NO SEQUEL?

Please answer me. Comment here or on my page. Please. Thank you.