Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 3- Regression

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 3- Regression

I stood in the front row, screaming, completely ecstatic. All eyes fell on the screen when it turned on; Matt came on screen.

“Hey Huntington Beach!! My hometown!! Last fucking stop of the tour! Been one great time! So we’ll be out there to rock your asses off in how long, Gates?”

The camera moved to Synyster Gates. “Fifteen minutes!” I smiled; I had always thought he was hysterical! Jaz turned to me suddenly.

“Scar… I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes and hold out your hand.” I did. “Ok, now open them.” In my hand was a plastic tag-like thing with a lanyard attached to it. The lanyard said A7X. I looked up at her then back down. “It’s a backstage pass. Craff worked his ass off to get these!” I looked up at her again, grinning and looked at her pass which matched mine.

“Oh my God, girl this is gonna be the BEST!!” I screamed, hugging her. She laughed, nodding. The 15 minutes went by fast.

Pretty soon the guys came on stage. “How the fuck you doin tonight!?” Matt yelled. Everyone screamed. “Alright!! Are you ready for us to kick your asses tonight!?” Again, screaming. “Well, we decided to start things off with some crazy shit! How about Critical Acclaim?”

The song began with the organ then the guitars came in with the drums. I grinned and looked at Matt who began screaming. As the vocals came in and Matt jumped up on the speaker, my grin faded. I played with the card on the lanyard around my neck and looked down. The thought came back into my head as I looked up at Matt.

‘He won’t remember me…’

I had to admit, this was the best fucking concert I’ve EVER been to. When it was over, Jaz grabbed my hand and we found our way backstage to where we had to be. We stopped in front of the door that read “Avenged Sevenfold”. I gulped and finally knocked. The door opened and there stood Matt, holding a beer.

“Oh! So you’re the backstage girls?” he grinned.

“Ohhh!! Girls!?” I recognized Zacky who pushed his way to us. “Hey, didn’t I see you at the diner?” we nodded, grinning. “Yeah, that’s right! Scar and Jaz!”

“Yep!” I spoke as he led us in.

“Wait, not Kilbane!?” Mat glanced at me. I looked up and grinned. “You’re kidding! Girl, how you doin!?” he pulled me into a hug. I hugged back, grinning. He remembers!

“Dude, are you gonna introduce us?” the guys came over and Matt let go. I turned to them and he kept his arm around me.

“Sorry, boys! This is my old neighbor when I used to live here as a kid! We grew up together! Fucking inseparable!” he explained.

“Yeah, until your fuckin rock star ass left me!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Sorry.” He laughed, sticking his tongue out too. “Well this is Brian, Zacky, Johnny, and Jimmy.” He pointed to them all in turn.

“I know! Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance, Johnny Christ, and The Rev.” I grinned at them all. “Nice to finally meet you all!” I glanced at Jaz who felt totally left out. “And this is my best friend!”

“Hi!” she finally spoke!

The door slammed open and we all looked. A woman walked in, sighing. “I swear! Stupid fans! All wanting your autographs!” she set papers down and glanced up at us. She looks at us then her eyes fall back on Matt and I as she walks over. “Uh, hey honey.” She kisses him, glaring at me. “Who is this?” Matt instantly drops his arm from my waist.

“Yeah, this is Scarlet Kilbane. And Scar, this is my girlfriend, Valary.” Matt stutters.

Valary turns to him. “Scarlet Kilbane? As in your old neighbor?” Matt nods and she turns to me, her expression indignant. I smile, deciding to be nice, and hold out my hand for her to shake. She looks down at my hand, turns around, and storms away; slamming the door on the way. I blinked and put my hand down, not realizing it, I backed up a bit, bumping into someone slightly. Instantly I turn, seeing it’s Brian. He put his hand on my shoulder and smiles.

“Sorry.” I giggle. His smile widens and he shakes his head.

“No problem.” He winks at me.

“Hey Scar.” Matt calls as the guys sit down on the couches and chairs. I turn to him and away from Syn. “Alright, well I gotta go clam her down so just hang with the guys, I’ll be back and we can catch up! Alright?”

“Sure, but what happened?”

“I’ll tell you later. But by then, you may know already. Knowing the guys, they’ll tell you.” He pushed the hair out of my face lightly. “Hey, someone get Scar a beer!” He called. Finally, he left. I stood there for a second and walked over to the couch. Jaz had made herself comfortable though she looked nervous as hell. I found the only spot was on the couch in-between Syn and Johnny.

“Here ya go!” Johnny hands me a beer. I thank him and open it, drinking instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright!! that was fun!! so next chapter will be all dramatic and shit!!!