Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Hope Begins to Fade Ch. 80- Please Don’t Leave Me

Hope Begins to Fade Ch. 80- Please Don’t Leave Me

Matt was pacing, as I imagined. When I walked up, everyone instantly stood.

“How is she?”

“She’s find. And so is Serenity.” As soon as those words left my lips, I got attacked. Everyone embraced me tightly, crying a bit.

“We were all so worried!” Daytona said, holding Sam.

“Yeah. Johnny cried.” Jimmy spoke.

“Dude!” Johnny hit him. We went to check up on Scar but the doctor spoke.

“Mr. Haner.” I turned as well as everyone else. “We just checked to see if your fiancé is ok.” the doctor said. “The baby’s fine. But you’ll have to leave.”

“Ok. We’ll visit later. She needs the rest.” Jaz said, everyone nodding in agreement quickly; knowing it was best.

“No. Her momma’s fading fast.” He spoke. “I’m sorry.” He walked off.

“Oh God.” Val sobbed. “Scar…”

“She’s not… ok?” Zacky stuttered out in almost a whisper.

“The blood pressure got to her after the birth.” A nurse spoke, exiting the room.

I hit my knees to the floor and prayed.

“Take the very breath you gave me. Take the heart from my chest. I’ll gladly take her place if you’d let me. Make this my last request. Take me out of this world. God, please. Don’t take the girl.”

Tears fell and sobs racked through my body.

“Is she awake still, can we- talk?” Jaz asked through sobs.

“She’s sleeping. Has been since Mr. Haner left. I’m sorry to say this but, it’s not likely she’ll wake up.” The nurse said in almost a whisper. “I’m sorry.” She left. I began sobbing loudly and looked up when I heard a slam. Matt punched the wall, finally letting his tears fall.

“It’s all my fault!” he called.

“No. No, dude. It’s not.” I stood, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“If I wouldn’t have let her stay backstage, she wouldn’t have gotten raped, and then wouldn’t have had the stress that caused the early birth or now, probably her death!” he sobbed. “Or if I just would have killed that motherfucker years ago, she wouldn’t be like this.”

“No, dude. No.” I embraced him tightly.

“I need to talk to her.” He said. “Give me a minute please.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Matt’s POV

They left and I walked into the room solemnly to a sleeping Scar. It was all silent save the slight hum from the air conditioning and a faint beeping that fucked with your ear.

I sat down, taking her hand; I sighed and began…

“Scarlet, we’ve been through a lot. Friendship to love. Pain. It’s been one hell of a ride. But, I don’t think it’s over. It can’t be. You’re loved too much here to leave. You’re a new mother. You have things to do. God can’t take you now. It’s not right.” I stopped for a few minutes, biting my quivering lip and breathing lightly. “I know that has nothing to do with this but..” I shook my head, trailing off with my thoughts. “You know…” I whispered. “If you were awake right now, I know you’d hit me upside the head and yell at me for being a pussy.” My grin faded as a tear slowly made its trail down my cheek. “But I don’t care. Come on, wake up. Just please, hit me. I don’t want to see you like this. Scarlet…” I sobbed quietly. “You know what else?” I looked up, as if waiting for her to smile at me and shake her head like she used to if I’d say that. “…I never thought it would be like this. I never thought I’d be here. I always thought that you’d be fine. That you’re so much stronger than me. Your will to live was so strong back then… but, was that before Drake? Was that what broke you?… I remember, you know. All the nights. The late phone calls you made, sobbing into the receiver and crying about a nightmare. I remember what he did to you. There’s some nights that I think about it. You know when you and Brian were fighting and you passed out at the kitchen table after downing almost the whole bottle of JD? I was up, watching you sleep. Listening to you breathing. And I remember thinking how sweet of a sound it was. Just to know that your lungs were working. That you were alive. And there in front of me. To know that he couldn’t hurt you anymore.” I dug my nails into my thigh. “But I was wrong. I felt like you’d be ok. But look where I got you. This is all my fault. And to make it all worse… I… never mind. I can’t say that. That’s just too fucked up. Brian would hate me…” I wiped my eyes lightly. Another shaky breath. “But anyway, you’re a fighter. From the moment I met you, I knew that.” I smiled. “Please, don’t leave us. Don’t leave me.” My tears still fell as I stood then leaned in toward her, a tear falling from my eye onto her pale cheek. I need to admit this feeling bubbling inside me… and what’s the harm now? I kissed her lips. “…I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o
I'm evil i know ahahaaa
but, you won't hate me promise. I'm not that mean
alright guys, i love you all
thanks to all my commenters

Ps. tell me if Matt's little talk made you cry. I was crying while typing lol