Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Cold Feet?

Syn’s POV

The thudding of my heart should be heard by everyone in the room…right?

I suppose that is right… if there were anyone in the room.

“Brian?” a voice echoed.

Turning, I eyed my parent-in-laws-to-be as they entered the huge hallway.

“Hey Mr. and Mrs. Kilbane. How are you? Glad you could make it.” I exclaimed.

“Oh, please, how many times must we tell you to call us mom and dad?”

Rubbing the back of my neck nervously I chuckled. “Sorry.”

“No need for apologies, now where is that beautiful baby girl of yours?” of course her mother would be like that. Damn Serenity for being so fucking cute.

Laughing, I replied. “With Matt right now. He should be in the room to the right.”

‘Mom’ practically skipped towards the room and I heard a squeal and a yell. The squeal obviously from her and the yell was, of course, Matt.

He walked towards me, face stricken with fear. “Shit, dude. She scared me…”

‘Dad’ laughed loudly, following where his wife had disappeared to.

“Dude, why aren’t you even dressed yet?”

Gazing down, I found I was in my ripped jeans and a Syn Gates shirt. “I…-”

“Now don’t even tell me you’re getting cold feet.” He stated sternly.

Sighing, I shook my head. “No, I’m sure I’m going to marry her but what if she doesn’t want to marry me?”

Matt stared in my eyes. “Don’t make me hit you.” he sighed, shaking his head.

“Matt, I got this one.” Jimmy ran over, already dressed in his suit for; of course he was my best man.

“Alright…” Matt mumbled, walking away to get ready, I assume.

“Ok, dude, Scar has told me thousands of times how much she loves you. Everyone can see it in her eyes. She has been planning this wedding with Val for fuckin’ months, dude; nonstop. There were nights they didn’t sleep.”

This was very true. Time has flow by though; it’s been 8 months since Serenity was born. She has grown so much; it kills me more and more every day. Johnny keeps joking that soon we’ll be beating off boys from school. I tell him to shut it; he’s very right. Things are flashing by my eyes…

I closed my eyes and when I opened them I pulled Jimmy into a huge hug, allowing the tears to roll off my cheeks.

“Jimmy, thank you so much. I love you, bro, you know that right?”

“Why are you saying this?” he chuckled, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

“I dunno. Just…glad you’re here. I really am.” We backed up.

“Now, I’m the only one ready and I’m not even getting married. Now, go.” He laughed loudly, causing the halls to echo again.

Nodding slowly, I disappeared into my dressing room.

I pulled on my suit slowly, spiking my hair up like Scarlet liked it, and gazing in the mirror.

I hope she likes this…

“Can I enter?” Zacky asked in a deep voice, reminding me of when he was the preacher in A Little Piece of Heaven.

“Of course, Zack.”

“Wow, wow, wow. She’s gonna wanna jump you so soon.” He joked.

Instinctively, he fixed my tie and straightened out my suit lightly.

“Thanks, dude. Everyone’s been so helpful.”

“Well der, dipshit. It’s your wedding day. By the way, did you see how much Scar’s parents were freaking out over Serenity?”

“Why, yes I did.” I laughed.

“Kinda funny, huh?” he backed away, admiring his work. “Perfect.”

A knock was heard. “Come in.” I called. As the door opened, I was overcome with joy. “Mom, dad!”

We embraced for a while, happy to hold each other again.

“You look fantastic! I’m sure she’ll be happy.” Mom smiled.

“Thanks, mom.”

“When can we see her?”

“I don’t know about you, but I can’t.” I pouted.

“Oh, get over it; your honeymoon is coming up; you’ll be spending enough time together.” Dad hit my shoulder.

“Though, that isn’t gonna be anything special considering those two animals always fuck…” Zacky mumbled just loud enough for my parents to hear.

“Get the fuck outa here, dumbass!” I yelled in midst of laughing. “Ignore him.”

“I’m going to find short shit.”

“My short shit or the gnome?” I inquired.

“The garden gnome.” He exited, leaving me to have a nice chat with my parents.

…I wonder how Scar’s doing…?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this! I figured i may as well post it :)
I'm probably gonna update again...Thursday?
Hopefully.
Comment please!!!!!!

I love you all ♥♥♥