Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Beginnings

The priest smiled sweetly at me as I stood beside Brian.

"We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Scarlet and Brian as they exchange vows of their everlasting love. Who gives this woman to be married to this man?” the priest began.

My father spoke. “Her Mother and I”

“As Scarlet and Brian take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family -- a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love. May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Brian and Scarlet both look forward to each new season of their marriage; just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories.
An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Scarlet and Brian, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly LOVE another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect.” We smiled at each other as Serenity clapped, babbling loudly. “The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched.
For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one --- but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls.”

This was where Brian and I were to exchange vows… I went first…

“Brian, we’ve been through so much already. I couldn’t think of anyone else I want to spend my life with. You’ve raised me up in your arms and made me stand when all I wanted was to fall. You make me feel like I’m the most beautiful girl in the world every day. My life was nothing without you and I still think finding you was a miracle. Falling in love you with you not my choice; it just happened…and I couldn’t be happier than to be where I am with who I am.” I finished.

“Scarlet, I’m so blessed to have what I do; wonderful friends, an angelic baby, and you; the love of my life. I would not do anything to change what has happened in our lives so far; sure, we’ve been through so many turns for the worse but if not for them, we wouldn’t be in such a deep romance. I cherish every day I have with you and I will until the day I die.”

“At this time, I’ll ask you, Brian, and you, Scarlet, to face each other and take each other’s hands. Brian, will you take Scarlet to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?

“I will.”

“Scarlet, will you take Brian to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?

“I will.”

“If anyone here has any reasons as to why these two should not be joined in Holy Matrimony, let him speak now or forever hold his peace.” Silence. “Brian, you may kiss your bride…”

He held me in his arms tightly, pulling his fingers to my cheek before he kissed me with so much passion. This kiss brought us toward a new life; a new meaning.

I was now Mrs. Brian Haner Jr.

Let the journey begin…
♠ ♠ ♠
Scarlet
Brian
the others

I'm sorry this is so short. I know it sucks but I hope it was a good chapter :)

please comment :D
I love you all!! ♥