Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Three Cheers for Fears

As I exited the dance floor with daddy, Brian grabbed my hand. He smiled down at me, kissing my forehead.

My mouth grew dry and a feeling overwhelmed me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man at the door. I turned but there was no one there.

“Scar, are you alright?” Brian asked, feeling my forehead now. His lips replaced with his hand.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine…”

He didn’t seem pleased with my response but still accepted it. I followed him to the dance floor, dancing to the next song. I could lie and tell you that I knew exactly what song was playing and if we were on beat or not (though that’s Brian’s job to make sure.)

Honestly, I couldn’t listen; my hearing seemed to go out for a few minutes; just long enough for that song. I yelled at myself in my head; what the fuck was I doing? Why was I being paranoid like this? This is my fucking wedding day and I shouldn’t worry about anything!

I found myself gazing around, searching for my mother; she held Serenity. Were they alright?

Brian’s voice interrupted my thoughts. “Baby?”

“Where’s Serenity?”

He looked around too then met my eyes and pointed to our left. Serenity sat at the table with my parents, smiling and slamming her little hands on the table as they brought over some food for her.

I breathed a sigh of relief, leaning my head on Brian’s chest. “Seriously, what’s wrong? What’s got you so scared?”

Should I tell him? No. I want us to be happy, relaxed. I’ll keep this feeling to myself; I’m sure I’m just overreacting.

“Nothing baby. I just need to sit for a minute…it’s the stress of this whole thing. I’ll be fine if I can get some water.”

Brian nodded, understanding, “Alright. Whatever you want, darling.” He led me off the dance floor once again and we sat down next to Johnny.

“Hey, Scar, you’re pale.” He commented.

“Can you watch her for me? I’m going to get her some water.” Brian let my hand go.
“Sure, dude. Anything you want!” Johnny took my hand, replacing Brian’s hand with his own, softer, one. It grew quiet. “What happened?”

Before I opened my mouth to speak, I saw him again. He was in the crowd, staring at me. He wore a suit and his face was expressionless…

“I’m just dehydrated. It’s nothing.”

Johnny exhaled through his nose, “Promise?”

“Promise.” I smiled.

Brian, please get back soon… he’s gone again…

Sweat clung lightly to my forehead but I felt Johnny dab it away with a napkin. I smiled in thanks at him.

Scarlet, you’re going crazy. You’re losing your mind…

“Here you go.” Brian came back, causing me to jump from his voice. I was acting stupid.

I nodded at him, taking the glass to my lips and pouring the cold liquid in my mouth. I swallowed, which surprisingly hurt. My throat closed up as I imagined who could be here…

“Thanks guys.” I giggled, faking happiness. Jimmy skipped over, sweating from all the dancing he’d been doing. “Well Jim, seems you’re getting quite the workout.”

“That I am, love. That I am.” He gasped then pointed to the water in my hand, “you mind if I-”

“No, go ahead!” I handed him the glass and he nearly gulped it down.

“Thanks toots!” he laughed, skipping back to the dance floor.

Now I was in Johnny’s arms, dancing with him while Brian and Val danced.

He wouldn’t stop giving me that intense gaze, the one where I think he could completely see through me. I was so transparent to him…

“Scar. Tell me what’s up.” He wasn’t suggesting. He was nearly ordering. “You realize that if something’s scaring you, we’re all here to help. None of us want you hurt…”

I smiled at that, tears forming. I knew that. I was incredibly grateful and in debt for that… my eyes traveled to my left and I found him there again, staring but gazing around slightly. I buried my face in Johnny’s chest and breathed. Come on Scar, breathe. He’s not here…

“Scar?” Johnny stopped moving then turned his gaze to his right. I felt by the way his neck turned… “Fuck…”

My head jolted up. Was I right in my assumptions!?

“Johnny?”

“Come on, Scar.” He grabbed my hand, tightening his fingers around mine and dragging me away.

Brian followed suit, nearly running after us. “Johnny! Scar!” he called. I tried stopping but Johnny made a b-line for the restrooms. “Hey!”

“Gates, come here!” Johnny whispered.

Brian met up with us, “what the fuck?”

“He’s here…” Johnny breathed.

“Who?”

“Drake.”

“You’re fucking losing it, Christ.” Brian shook his head.

“No! You wonder why she’s freaking out!? Here’s the reason!” Johnny called.

“Oh, did she tell you he was here? ‘Cause I haven’t seen him in months!”

“No, she didn’t. I saw him.”

Brian nodded, running his hand down his face, “okay, when I see him myself, I’ll be sure to tell you.” he stormed away, back to Val.

I shook. I need to leave. “I need out.” I spoke my thoughts to Johnny.

“I know, I know. Hey, Jaz! Come here.” He called her over. “I’m gonna be right here, Scar. I’m with you this whole time, okay? I’ll get Matt over here in a second. Alright? You go cool down in the bathroom. Splash some water on your face, just…chill. We’ve got you.”

I nodded, breathing heavily as Jaz pulled me into the bathroom. I caught a glimpse of Serenity before I was dragged away…

“What happened?” Jaz demanded.

So I explained everything to her before splashing some water on my face. Some lady, a friend of my mom’s, washed her hands and was drying them when the door burst open. She screamed, running out. I gasped, pushing myself against the counter of the sink as I awaited the confrontation, closing my eyes. Johnny must have left the door alone while getting Matt. He’s here. He’s fucking in here.

“Scar?” no, it was Matt. I opened my eyes and ran to him, crying into his shoulder. “Shh, shh, it’s fine. We’re here…” he whispered, his voice getting quieter with each word, “we’re here.”

“Thank you baby…” I gasped, feeling Jaz’s hand on my back.

“So Gates doesn’t believe you?”

“I’m sure he’s angry about hearing Drake’s name. He may believe us but not want to admit it.”

“I wish he would get his ass in here and protect his wife…” he muttered.

“So what do we do?” Jaz piped up.

We grew silent, “well, we can’t very well stay in here now can we?” Matt chuckled with no humor. “We’re like sitting ducks in here.”

“Whatever that means.” I giggled, wiping under my eyes and trying not to smear my makeup.

“Well, we’ll sit down. Let’s go out there…I told Christ to round up Zacky and Jim and tell them what’s going on.”

I smiled, feeling protected. “Let’s go.” I breathed, grabbing the hands of two of my best friends as we exited the women’s bathroom.

As soon as we left, my heart dropped…

Jimmy, Johnny and Zacky leaned again the opposite wall, grim looks on their faces and anger in their eyes. The stood straight as we approached.

“Zack, get Gates.” Matt instructed. Zack went off into the crowd. I looked around; mom and dad were playing with Serenity on the opposite side of the room. Brian’s parents were with them. People danced and everyone was happy. No sign of Drake…

I breathed as Matt and Jaz led me to the table in the back.

They began making conversation, taking my mind off the situation for at least a bit. I was honestly having fun and forgetting my worried. Brian and Zacky sat down now. Brian took my hand, kissing the top of it.

“Serenity is sleeping now. Just thought I’d let you know.” Zacky spoke.

“I’m sorry for not believing you baby.” Brian sighed.

“It’s okay.” I rubbed the top of his hand with my thumb.

Again, the talk was change to random time with us; bar nights and nights we got wasted. We conversed about fun venues and when they had me sing on stage with them. Val sat down with Daytona and joined in, clueless of the situation because no one wished to talk about it now…

I was surrounded, covered by people who loved me; who I loved as well. I felt at peace when I looked around. My friends smiling faces filled my vision.

My heart thudded in my ears. Could everyone else hear it too? Those footsteps? I gazed up, hazels meeting deep browns…

Shit…

“Scarlet?”



…Drake…
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved this update. It's perfect to me haha
I'm glad I did what I did; i've been waiting for this for a very long time.

<3

comments are NEEDED!!! xoxo